Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's raining here and I need to go out. Car is all polished and shiny in garage. Thinking about a taxi. What do you reckon?

Ps Yes I am before you say anything

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Really?? Its obvious taxi is the answer or bus!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
feel the same myself, just 're super guarded' and polished my UP! It's looking pretty good. Really don't want to expose it to the elements!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Lol, my Jaguar XKR is a garage queen, but I've ordered by Up! to get it dirty :)

·
Registered
309 Posts
When II first opened the bonnet on mine and saw the shiny engine block and gleaming white engine bay, I wished it could be a dry days only car

But mine has to sit out in the rain and drive daily through winter, but if I had the choice I'd say yeah take a taxi or even ride a bike!

·
Registered
430 Posts
There's nothing I enjoy more than watching the rain bead and run off my UP when I've applied a coat of dodo juice supernatural wax.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I only use mine when there is a letter Y in the day.
MondaY..TuesdaY.......FridaY etc.

Love to keep it for best but it's the only car I have for work, holidays, weddings and of course in the rain, snow and hot weather Edited by: Derkie54

·
Registered
176 Posts
You pay the finance on it, you spend money on putting petrol in it, therefore it's only fair that you drive it.

Cars do get dirty, particularly at this time of year, so sadly, your Up will have to suffer the same fate as everyone else's

Besides, taxi fares are extortionate.

·
Registered
30 Posts
UpMan said:
Lol, my Jaguar XKR is a garage queen, but I've ordered by Up! to get it dirty :)
Ha ha UpMan!
My Golf R is a bit of a garage queen; I've kept it pristine so don't like getting it too dirty, especially after the salt/grit is down. I used it plenty this summer during the nice weather, but it's looking like not much more usage until next spring now.
The Up! is my everyday all year round driver, and a very nice car it is too. [It replaced a Fox]Edited by: DoubleDub

·
Registered
467 Posts
things should serve You, not vice versa.

ps. Up is my daily/ only car. I really like it, but I have bought it because it has needed function: get my b#tt from A->B without getting whet or breathing smelly air in public transport.

·
Registered
30 Posts
b82ry said:
things should serve You, not vice versa.

ps. Up is my daily/ only car. I really like it, but I have bought it because it has needed function: get my b#tt from A->B without getting whet or breathing smelly air in public transport.
I've heard it all before Barry, my cars serve me as I require them to. That's why I've got 2.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Drove in torrential rain yesterday but service and valet today has put the Up! back in showroom condition. As a family we have two cars but I wouldn't have two cars myself just so I could pose when the sun is shining.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Had mine since May this year. Like every other car I have ever had it sits on the drive in all weathers and gets washed once or twice a year. It never gets waxed. Am I a bad person? :0)

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
mcgrit said:
Had mine since May this year.  Like every other car I have ever had it sits on the drive in all weathers and gets washed once or twice a year.  It never gets waxed.  Am I a bad person?  :0) 

Wash your mouth out with soap!!!! Washed once or twice a year and no wax!!! You dont deserve an up! LolEdited by: Itzben

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
In spite of all the adverse comments I had the Up! life shined before collection. It has been washed and dried every three to four weeks but not polished. After twelve months the water still beads the same as the first day I had it and runs off the car when on the move.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
qixxiq said:
Whenever I drive in the rain, it's so noisy I think the boot is open
Haha once I stopped and double checked the boot was shut! Try driving with to rear seats down its even louder hahahha

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
mcgrit said:
 It never gets waxed.  Am I a bad person?  :0) 
Yes.

In fact you should turn yourself in at your local Police station before you end up on Crimewatch or lynched by a vigilante group.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts