Up Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know, when all the doors lock automatically as you drive off... I would like to activate this feature on my car, as I thought it was standard on most VWs nowadays, but I can't find any mention of it in the manual.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yes, but a dealer has to activate it.

Or possibly someone with a VCDS (vagcom) cable can do it.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
I think NO....it has been discussed and folk have tried via vag-com.

interestingly, my hatchback locks after driving the car and unlocks after you open a door.....so if I am driving my Mrs' car and one of my boys gets out the back without us having opened an unlocked front door, the hatchback needs unlocked by the door switch before they can open it to get their sports bag or similar.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Mine does this. You need to get your key programmed at the dealer. I've got various lock functions enabled.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, thanks guys. I will ask my dealer to do it.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dealer did it in 5 minutes, but it is indeed a VAGCOM job. I asked him if he'd delete the stupid seatbelt alarm too, but he said it couldn't be done

·
Registered
851 Posts
UpMan said:
Dealer did it in 5 minutes, but it is indeed a VAGCOM job. I asked him if he'd delete the stupid seatbelt alarm too, but he said it couldn't be done 
I suspect it can be done. Some years ago a friend bought a Mondeo and asked the dealer to suppress the seat belt alarm. Initially, the dealer refused, but when my friend got stubborn about it and made it a condition of sale - the dealer finally disabled the alarm.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I guess the seatbelt alarm must be annoying when you are eating a ham sandwich and texting on your mobile phone at ninety miles an hour.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
I fancy getting the coming home lights activated...handy as I live in the wilds and it can be pretty dark sometimes.

·
Registered
361 Posts
UpMan said:
^ Thanks. What's a 'tear wipe'??
Not sure but my guess is: when you use windscreen washers, wipers first make 3 wipes, right.
Then they pause for few seconds and after that, one wipe to get rid of a 'tear'?
My old cars (Jetta and Golf Plus) did that.

-eelis-

Edited by: -eelis-

1 - 13 of 13 Posts