Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over a year after taking delivery, each time i look at my up, it makes me smile and i look forward to driving it. Yet i just know that if i had a top-of-the-range Ford Mondeo costing twice as much, it would never make me smile and i'd never be excited about driving it. It costs twice as much money - so why isn't it twice as good!?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I smile at the thought of my up! But sometimes depending my mood it makes me mad! I enjoyed my golf and was sad to see it go but it was getting expensive amd costing in the parts department, but nothing tops my up!

·
Registered
957 Posts
I still like it and wouldn't want to change it for another car at the moment
Edited by: Derkie54

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've had mine since June and yesterday when there was this snowstorm I had to drive 1200km in one day. I smiled the whole way! I never thought this little car would be so good in snow and on ice. Okey, I have brand new Haakkapelittan studs and all but I didn't even feel the wind blowing more than 25 m/s. And everyday I have to check my front because I love it so much.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
eightbits said:
I've had mine since June and yesterday when there was this snowstorm I had to drive 1200km in one day. I smiled the whole way! I never thought this little car would be so good in snow and on ice. Okey, I have brand new Haakkapelittan studs and all but I didn't even feel the wind blowing more than 25 m/s. And everyday I have to check my front because I love it so much. 
That's quite a love story - I nearly cried.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Me too, Tissues at the ready. Nice to hear that eightbits is pleased with his Up! though. As indeed I am.

QUOTE....And every day I have to check my front because I love it so much....QUOTE

Me too...Me too, but for different reasons I suspect!

Remember the signs....Gentlemen please adjust your dress before leaving....

Age and memory have a lot to answer for!

Go well.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Every day. Even if I just look out of the window and see her. Always,

·
Registered
430 Posts
It's not the car I'd choose if I'd have had a bit bigger budget, Id have gone for an entry level Audi A1 but I'm confident the UP! is one of the best in this sector, especially in the Take UP and Move Up price range. And yes it did make me smile when my tax renewal came through for ZERO pounds, I didn't event pay the cost of a stamp for it to be delivered to my front door.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Friends of mine have just bought a 12 plate Audi A1.Well built car, but it just does not feel as roomy as an Up.I would describe it as " cosy "
I have only been a passenger at night, but the dash looks like something from a Jumbo jet, and I just thought....what does every thing do!
The ride in my Up is better too, and the Up is more economical than the Audi diesel.

Go well.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Rickenbacker said:
It's not the car I'd choose if I'd have had a bit bigger budget, Id have gone for an entry level Audi A1 but I'm confident the UP! is one of the best in this sector, especially in the Take UP and Move Up price range. And yes it did make me smile when my tax renewal came through for ZERO pounds, I didn't event pay the cost of a stamp for it to be delivered to my front door.

My tax cost £20?
still cheap though! also yes it does make me happy after a year and a half
I still love how different it is to everything else on the road and still think how silly people are who buy new C1's and Corsa's that makes me smile driving past them. It makes me smile at the pumps Also it makes me smile when it runs smooth and cruises along with ease and comfort

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I had my 60PS driving very eagerly at 85-90mph last night (obviously on a private airfield!!) and it felt smooth, quiet and willing. At 90mph, the car is indicating exactly 4K revs - which is max torque - so no wonder it felt willing. Remarkable car!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Still smiling after more than a year and 10,000+ miles. I often wonder if I have special edition Up! because I have none of the faults that have been reported on the forum. My car runs smooth and quiet, easy to park, cheap to run and very reliable. Who cares if the switches don't illuminate at night, I know where they are! At this time of year heated seats and heated wing mirrors are a boon. Edited by: Beevee

·
Registered
448 Posts
carpy said:
My tax cost £20? 

So will mine be in March 2014. The dealer made a big thing of ...they would tax for free the first year. when I pointed out that it was free for the first year anyway....Red face

Having said that we had a laugh about it, and he was a nice guy!

I was happy with the deal at the end of the day.

Go well.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I still like my little TakeUp. I can still park in places too small for a Polo, I still get about 60 mpg, noise is not bad, comfort is fine. I would like the same car but with more sound proofing, a bit more luxury inside, a recycle feature on the heater, but I am not tempted by a Polo (not enough driving fun) or a BMW 1 or Audi A1 (expensive, poorer fuel economy, higher road tax).

·
Registered
448 Posts
Our little Take Up still continues to delight me. I find it hard to believe I am driving a car with such a small outside profile, but does not feel at all cramped inside. 60 ish to the gallon and fun to drive. I can not find anything to complain about. If I were to nit pick...the fact that the rear of the Up does get dirty is a product of it's shape. I knew that before I bought it. So I just wash it more often than my previous car. I'm a bit of a car Anorak. so then it gets a polish and a hoover.

Keeps me off the streets
Go well.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I believe I did once...because I sent an angry reply...which I have always regretted.

Go well.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts