Up Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wondered how many of you are dog owners ??
I have a 9 month old corgi that I need to get a car ramp for .....stop laughing!!! he is 15kg and very short legs so have to lift into car ...........stop it now!!! lo.l at the moment I can lift him and sort of throw onto back seat of polo but am gonna need a ramp for that UP ! I can see you all laughing but this is serious

·
Registered
29 Posts
LOL, but seriously I have two dogs both short and stout staffies so will have to be lifting into car too. Best get some deep heat for my back!!!!
Monkeydog

·
Registered
208 Posts
I've got a Jack Russell cross with King Charles, but I want some seat covers before he goes in my new UP! As there will be fur everywhere!!

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
well being a vet nurse, i highly recommend having the ramp to get your dogs in and out of the car, better for their joints and well as yours!

if you get a ramp to put them in the boot, i think i saw some sort of boot/bumper protection thing which might be a good idea. but if putting them into the back of the car, covers will be a great idea!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got a rear seat cover for my polo from ebay £9 its a sort of black cottonwaterproof type material with straps that fit round my headrests,and even a zip if you only want to use half. So far it has been great dirt/hair just shakes off, hoping I can fix it in the UP

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't know about the deep heat ould be a truss
I've got the aim about right on the polo back seat, but not sure how we will get on as think the up is lower. I can see a heap on the floor

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've got a boxer - 9 years old female who is in love in car trips - it's time to buy a seat cover for her.She likes small cars because she can be close to us :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
My girlfriend has 3 bordercollies, and they just to travel longer trips in my passat variant and other time my girls nissan micra... I guess now they travel every time in micra since it doesn't have back seats, only gage :D Don't want any dog hair in my new baby hahaa :D

·
Registered
956 Posts
Unfortunately my lovely dog Chewie is no longer with us due to bone cancer but there's no way he could have ridden in the up! anyway, he was an Irish Wolfhound and probably bigger than the car LOL

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have 2 dogs who love going for rides in the car , gwendolyne is a border collie and Roshka is a tibetan terrier, who thankfully doesnt lose her hair however Gwendolyne is a different story ........ my god you could stuff a mattress with the amount of hair she loses .... In fact ive often considered trading her in for a yak !
The hair never bothrered me in the fiat but then again it was a proper old cronk , my shiny new up is different . I must invest in decent covers , dont suppose anyone can recommend any ? Or indeed where to buy them , ive looked online and there is just so many i dont know where to start . Any advice would be appreciated .

·
Registered
208 Posts
YES! I've been looking for quite a while and this is the only place I've seen that do them to fit (custom made) so will accommodate the airbags

http://jcseatcovers.co.uk/product_cars_71.html.

They are very professional and helpful, I'm dealing with Lucio

Just thought they only do the covers for the cars with the split rear seats, NOT the Take up! At the moment!! That's one of the reasons we upgraded, as we were originally going for a Take up! Don't know what you're getting!
Edited by: Melody

1 - 12 of 12 Posts