Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

We often hear that you should not leave Maps and More in the car because it might get stolen.

But there is another reason to take it with you in most cases ...

What if your car gets stolen?

Yesterday I recognized that in M&M under
Navigation/Meine Ziele/Favoriten/Mein Fahrzeug
(Navi/My Destination/Favorites/My Car in English?)
You can see where your car is!

If your up! gets stolen, go to the police and show them on your M&M where your car is!
Most thiefs won't think that this is possible with such a small car ...

·
Registered
325 Posts
Yes, it stores the last position of the car at the time that the M&M was removed from the vehicle. So you'll only be able to show the police where it was stolen from, not where it is at the moment.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
also, the take me home function would guide the thief to your house, not good if your house keys were in the car!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
That's one good reason for not storing your home address.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have mine set to the start of the road into my estate.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I live in Switzerland, nothing gets stolen in Switzerland..

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
My home address is within favourites but not designated home. If a thief used take me home on my sat nav they would find themselves at the local police station.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Why would a thief want to go to a home address of a person whose car he just/recently stole?

I would understand that for say a Lamborghini or something that indicates someone affluent, but an up is just a normal car. ... or is my logic wrong somewhere?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Because the chances are the house has no one at home. By the same token as the previous contributor why would anybody steal an Up!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts