Up Owners Club banner

Don't Look Now Sam Wollaston!!

4K views 26 replies 15 participants last post by  Optimus Frag 
#1 ·

See less See more
#7 ·
Thanks guys.

Yes Leif (pics 1,4&5. Pic 2's at the end of the Hope valley and pic 3 is at Strines/Dale **** reservoir).

Had a run out last night after work through Bamford, Hope, Castleton and then back via Hathersage.

Like many of us I changed my mind during the wait and would've preferred the wheels from the sports pack like gary02tdi's but I'm happy enough with the ones I have and for the tyre people it's on Continentals.

#8 ·
One thing to bear in mind is that the Sport wheels are 16" and the tyres are the best part of 50% more expensive - so the 15" Spoke wheels will seem so much better when it needs new rubber!

#16 ·
Yes pugliablue I did. They reckoned it was the best lighting to check over the car in.The lift'sa bit wobbly though (especially for a big lad!).

I know I had a 'bit' of a moan at them but overall they have been good and the car is fantastic. Everyone should have one!

The soundpack lifts the stereo and I'm glad I added it but I found myself turning it off to listen to the thrum yesterday. It sounds great when you rev it!

As the irish reviewer might say, 'I am trilled wid it'!!

I know a lot of people went for the white and I think it looks cool especially with the chrome bits on the up! white but not sure I'm as cool as the car so I went for black. I think it looks quite classy.

#19 ·
Upmeister said:
One thing to bear in mind is that the Sport wheels are 16" and the tyres are the best part of 50% more expensive - so the 15" Spoke wheels will seem so much better when it needs new rubber!
Don't care. Triangle alloys look good. Tire cost was a cost I was prepared to eat willingly to have those puppies on The Red Mist.

#20 ·
Optimus Frag said:
Upmeister said:
Don't care. Triangle alloys look good. Tire cost was a cost I was prepared to eat willingly to have those puppies on The Red Mist.

Not sure I would've given the tyre cost a second thought.

I think the spoke ones I have look better than I thought they would but I still think the triangle ones are the best looking of the factory wheels. Perhaps they could be even better with body coloured inserts?

#21 ·
Perhaps they could be even better with body coloured inserts?  
Available for a small fee, mine apparently coming foc although will see.

Maybe I can pick up the baton in the vocalisation of dealer displeasure

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.