Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up the car 2 days ago. Noticed there are no lock buttons on the doors and no button anywhere to lock the doors. How do we work this? Thanks in advance!Edited by: GPVG26

·
Registered
462 Posts
I assume they mean push the door handle in the one that you open the car with from the inside if that makes sense

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yea, the handle/lever on the inside that you use to open the door. Just push it in and the door is locked

·
Registered
705 Posts
I've tried this on my car, and if it does work, then it will take a lot of force to do, so I haven't pursued it any further.

Nick

·
Registered
851 Posts
Yes someone on the forum worked out how to do it. I remember reading the thread - but I can't remember how it's done.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
If you have the right controller you can set it to lock at 15km/h

You need the vcds system to be able to do it

I have a threas in the mods section where i noted the bytes and bits for that mod... Not sure if it works with all the controllers...

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Lol... Nick posted the link whilst i was typing!

·
Registered
367 Posts
There's a button on the drivers armrest to lock the doors.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
VWXYZ said:
There's a button on the drivers armrest to lock the doors.
I noticed today that i Do have a power lock button on the drivers door. I felt so dumb after I saw it. Lol. Thanks for that anyways.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Newbie here, Just bought a 2103 Take up for the kids, (starting to drive next month) I bought the Up after a lot of research and found one with 30K miles 2 owners, It was due an MOT and service which I have done including brake discs and pads etc all for less than 100 quid, WOW, I am amazingly impressed with this little cracker, Its quiet at 80 on the motorway, accelerates well, gearbox is quiet and fine, cant believe you get all that from a 990 cc engine. Any way to the point, its a basic rubber mat job, ( lot less to go wrong ) but I can't work out the door locks. The manual is useless on the subject. I can manually lock all doors, rears from inside. Last week when I locked / unlocked the front passenger door, the rear door worked in unison. However when I locked the front drivers door, the rear door did not lock. Today the LH passenger side does not lock / unlock the rear door in unison. No fob, just keys, no lock unlock button on the Arm rest ( no Arm rest ) Does anyone with a very basic model know if there is a method or lever on the door to get the rear doors locking in tune with the respective front doors? I am sure it does not have central locking in the normal sense.
Any advice gratefully received. BTW the clutch felt a bit spongy when I picked it up but did not slip. I just replaced the brake fluid today and it made a big improvement, much more positive.

·
Registered
776 Posts
2103? Do you get "flux capacitors" on it? :) :)

The locking issue sounds like one or more door switch is faulty (or slow/bad lock actuators) - check the interior light comes on and off when you open/close each door in turn....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for that, I believe the flux capacitors are only available on the GTI with the extra large Quantum Tunnelling exhaust.
However good tip, many thanks. The interior light is not working reliably either. I will have a look at that if it ever stops raining.
Cant see the normal Golf type switches in the door frame I guess they are either inside the door on the stay or some other fiendish piece of technology. Many thanks for your help

·
Registered
776 Posts
I think the door switches are magnetically actuated.

But yes, as you've clicked with, central locking does depend on sensing all the doors being fully closed before it can work. If you are lucky it may just be down to adjusting how tightly the doors close! Need some 12-square sockets for that, not torx, FYI.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think the door switches are magnetically actuated.

But yes, as you've clicked with, central locking does depend on sensing all the doors being fully closed before it can work. If you are lucky it may just be down to adjusting how tightly the doors close! Need some 12-square sockets for that, not torx, FYI.
Well the internal light switch is fixed. You pop off the clear cover from the front and then undo two T20 torque screws and the whole assembly pops out. A slight tweek upwards on the embedded contact and a bit of vaseline fixed the switch problem. I also read that if you fir an assembly for a MK4 Golf it has the same plugs and fits. This will give you independent reading lights for each side and better overall light level. They are only £15 new so I will get one and try it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts