Up Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have done 850 miles and the drivers door is making a noise, especially over bumps in the road, sounds like the door lock, it first happened when my husband was driving and I said you haven't shut the door properly!! Because everything's his fault
But when I drove it yesterday, I re-shut the door and it still makes a noise, we are going to mention it when we take her (Daisy) in for her 1000 check up, but wondered if anyone else has had the same problem?
Edited by: Melody

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I would still blame the other half. I would say he shut the door too hard!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Has to be a man thing lol......see you said 1000 mile check, did they ask you to come back for that ?? mine said see you in a year or 10000 miles, am I missing something here ??

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I was just wondering that, 10k for me too!
Dont want to be missing out on something Edited by: bugbabe34

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Our dealer said we could get the car checked over after 1,000 miles
But he did say not many people bother, but it is a free check up!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Thanks for that, may just pop back after 1k and have the once over.
How you finding the drive ? I love mine find it so easy, except now and again on steep hill find you have to go up and down the gears, but maybe cause I'm used to a bigger engine.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I absolutely love it, great to drive looks good and I love the way it's so dinky, I've been driving my husband's Audi A3 convertible, which is great to drive but a bit big for me, especially parking
I do find like you I need to change down gears going up hills, but it is a small engine, so it's going to drive different, I also find it doesn't have the same power pulling away when you need it as a bigger engined car, BUT I still love it, I'm really pleased with it! I've always had Mazda MX-5 Sports, which has always been my favourite car, except I did buy the new mini cooper convertible when it first came out, but soon sold it as didn't like the drive
All I can really say about the VW up! Is I Love it, Love it, Love it!

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
sorry, i have no issues with my door, seems ok. hopefully its just something little that maybe needs a little tighten or something

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, sounds like something's come a bit loose in the lock
Still LOVE my Daisy

·
Registered
128 Posts
I did ask about a 1k check up but the dealer said that doesn't happen anymore? No need apparently,as modern cars are so well built now.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I guess dealers must vary then, because ours definitely said we could bring our up! In for a 1,000 check up! Although he did say a lot of people don't bother, but we we're going to take it in anyway as it's free

·
Registered
619 Posts
Melody: Just out of interest did you have your car looked at with respect to the door noise? If you did, what did your dealership say caused the noise? Many thanks...

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No, I haven't been yet. But I'll let you know when I have, should be within the next couple of weeks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts