Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if this was a known problem. Picture the scene.

Driving along happy as larry, grinning at all the admiring glances from Up-less peasants.

Pull up.
Open door.

Look down.

SHOCK!

The doorsill at the bottom is filthy!

How did dirt and water and stuff get into this space?!?!?!

I'm hoping the forum guru (Stainless) can shed some light on this situation? :p

Cheers

David

·
Registered
241 Posts
You might not like them but front mud flaps do improve the situation.

·
Registered
144 Posts
never noticed it ill take a look today

·
294 Posts
I think its because you've got white cars and it shows the muck up a lot more. I've noticed the same thing on other cars and it's always worse on white.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
my polo does it, as does my dads golf, i think like Dan said, its because of the light colour cars its more noticable. just wipe it down after everytime you clean the car, youll be fine

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers chaps.

Also noticed the birds seem to hate my car, I think it must be one serial offender; I'm into double digits of faeces attacks.....

·
Registered
109 Posts
I washed ours again today and noticed this too, I washed the underside of the door too but when rinsing I noticed that the water coming back out of the door drains was black, makes me wonder if it's some sort of excess sealer or whatever they put in the doors. If its like most other cars they are designed to allow water out the bottom because the window seals etc are never 100% watertight (to inside the door panel).

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I washed mine today and then had to do the door sills. The bit I noticed more so was at the top of the boot on the inside when opened. Blooming awkward to get at too! PS color makes no odds, mine's black and both those bits looked minging Edited by: bugbabe34

·
Registered
956 Posts
bugbabe34 said:
I washed mine today and then had to do the door sills. The bit I noticed more so was at the top of the boot on the inside when opened. Blooming awkward to get at too! PS color makes no odds, mine's black and both those bits looked minging

Yep, same problem for me. Even after Leeds VW had cleaned it on Saturday, the inside on top of the boot was still dirty. Mucky water just seems to collect there & it looks awful.

·
Registered
956 Posts
billy670 said:
at least youve gotten round to washing it.......

Well, not really. Had to go into Leeds VW on Saturday to get my 2nd remote key coded. They asked if I wanted the car washed whilst it was there and, as it was filthy from sitting on the drive in the pouring rain for a week, I jumped at the chance.

Actually, I'm looking forward to the first time I wash it myself (if the flippin' rain ever stops that is) so I can try out all the Autoglym goodies I got when I picked the car up. I know, it's a bit sad but I do like getting freebies

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I washed it yesterday when i got home. It was very windy, so was a nightmare, dried really quickly. But didn't look too bad today. Not bad for a first timer

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I asked the Auto Gylm man at Santa Pod what I should put on my fake leather seats to clean them and he recommended their upholstery shampoo, not the leather care as this puts oils back into the leather and the vinyl stuff doesnt need that.

·
Registered
73 Posts
be very slippy..... interesting when braking! a dot of detergent in warm water and a clean cotton cloth, for vinyl you cant beat it..... (used to valet cars for a chap and he swore by it)

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I need something for my wing mirrors, which hubby says are not proper chrome, so I have no idea what to put on them

I tried glass stuff, but that looked pants

·
Registered
73 Posts
once washed leather them off and then use some blue roll to dry them quickly with no smears.... or a tiny bit of car polish (tiny tiny) on a lint free cloth and buff them.

hes right i think its a coating on the plastic, not sure how thick it is so dont use any chrome cleaners or metal polishes

1 - 20 of 29 Posts