Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Recently fitted some 16cm pheonix gold speakers in to my doors using the proper speaker pods which fit many vag cars and save wrecking the original speaker! They are easy to fit and are a great improvement
also used some dyna mat sound deadening which works well. I just drilled out the rivets of the original speakers and the pods simply tap into the existing rivet holes (used spire clips) then cut of the speaker plug and crimped on two spade connectors. Then i screwed the speaker into the pod after connecting wires! Sorted
Edited by: TakeUpWhite!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Look good

I assume they sound much better as well!!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Good work, I had the sound pack added to mine, but once the car is a little older I will probably replace the front door speakers.

·
Registered
587 Posts
For £10 is good the pods are good value, wish they had been available when I did mine. Ihad to remove the speaker cone and use the existinghousing, even if it has worked greatand the £15 2 way speakers courtesy of Maplin's are pretty decent once run in.

If I go for a 5 door High up! in Sept I will spec the sound pack though, the real hassle and pig was removing the door cards IMO.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Just replaced my fronts with Infinitys and I think I've wired the + and - the wrong way.

When I bared the wires I was presented with red and brown so I assumed red would be '+' and brown '-' but when I tested them I was surprised by the lack of bass so I reversed it so I've now got:
Brown +
Red -
It sounds a little better - a bit brighter but I'm still surprised with the apparent lack of bass.

Could someone give me a clue as to which should be + and -

·
Registered
101 Posts
Answered my own question... for future reference if anyone else needs to know then:

Brown is positive +
Red is negative -

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hallo,Uppers.Unfortunatelly I can not upload my video at the moment,but it is on YouTube.If you type -VW Up!White Hertz Sound System it will come up.This is my White Swan...

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've just fitted Hertz speakers to my up! white. What a difference! My car didn't have the sound pack and I've only done the front speakers, where I've used ECX 165.5 in the doors and added HT20R super tweeters, running wires behind the door mirrors to a cross-over behind the main speaker. I'll add some pictures of the work when I've figured out how to post pictures; might be useful for anyone who wants to add super tweeters or a component system. It was relatively straightforward.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm going to do this - can you elaborate about the spire clips and drilling of rivets please?
When you drill them out the whole plastic speaker is removed and a new one put in (into which I screw my speakers).
I looked at spire clips and do i assume you screw the pod in place please?

Also the dynamat - is there any science in the position - i see where you have yours, are there holes underneath?

many thanks!

Edited by: qixxiq

1 - 20 of 23 Posts