Up Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Are the genuine ones more black than dark smoke tint?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Not sure if you've seen my photos ... They look really good !! These were fitted at the dealership £59...

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I did that's what made me ask. I'm all for saving a bit of dosh, but if the alternatives don't look as good, what's the point?Would you say that the cheaper ones are a different colour? I really want mine to be a darks as possible, having a black car.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Looking at the ones on eBay they don't look any darker, you won't be disappointed with the VW ones, but not sure what a fiiting price would be if you bought them from the Internet

·
Registered
15 Posts
Would the wind deflectors stop water coming in when I open a window???

·
Registered
705 Posts
It won't stop any water on the roof dripping inside the car when the door is opened, as modern cars no longer have roof gutters, but it will keep some of the water off the top edge of the window. This depends on how much rain has fallen and at what angle it has been blown onto the glass. You could also try using Rain-X to coat the windows as this will allow the water to drain off quickly.

Personally, I like the deflectors. This is the first car that I've had them fitted to, and they do help with the ingress of water when I have to open the window to scan my work pass against the reader to get into the car park.

Nick

·
Registered
15 Posts
Many thanks Nick for this info, must admit I have never had this problem before, I now dread opening my window.
Sandra

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I've had the waterwagens supplied Heko ones on mine since new, and they're great.
Whilst driving you can crack the window about and inch and a half in the rain, and it doesn't come in. It's great, I personally like to have fresh air in the car, so they're perfect. It also means you can have them cracked on the motorway without having and absolute racket from the air rushing in.

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
alamanda

Please
Can you post a picture to show where your clips are placed?

Thanks

Gary

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I was told you don't need the clips, waterwagens told me I ignore them, some threw them in the bin. Mine have state put and are fitted secure as can be. No worries.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I used the VW ones and I don't remember there being any clips. Just two large pieces of smoked perspex.

Nick

1 - 15 of 15 Posts