Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from a former Toyota Prius owner. As I now commute only 50 miles per day as opposed to 120 miles before, I wanted a smaller car. My daily commute of 45 miles of motorways and 5 miles of city streets results in 50 mpg. I used to get 58 mpg with the Prius. That's close enough for me!

The ASG feels strange at first. Took me 200 miles to be comfortable with it. Then it is easy enough to anticipate gear changes and to ease up on the accellerator for a moment to have a smooth transition.

My only modifications so far were the installation of a Brodit phone clip and an Osram "dot it"-LED light as a boot light. Both work great.

My plan is to complete the running in-period using high-octane fuel and then to have an oil change done. In Autumn, I will put in night breaker ultimate headlight bulbs.
Do you guys have any other tips? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Former car (6 am - parking structure at work):

New car:

Black groove up 75 hp ASG

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
would be interested in your real-world thoughts on the pious (oops ) Prius.....they were really the first big-selling hybrids and really polarised people into loved it or hated it camps.....perhaps you might post your thoughts in the idle chit-chat section.

ps, I commute around 100 miles a day in total...the UP! manages it with ease and economy!

·
Registered
851 Posts
I do 90 a day which means fuel stops every 3 days. A bigger fuel tank would be good - although the argument would be that it's a city car so it doesn't need one. However, us users know how capable it is at indecent motorway speeds for hours on end.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts