Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok everything's going ok so far

Have updated, used the code, paid and downloadedQ1/2012. Do I need to bother with the others? E.g. Q3/2011

Logic says no as it's 2011, but the code number is after.

Am confused.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I only downloaded the Q1/2012 - works a dream!
I think that's all we need until Q2/2012 is released?!
By the way, I also downloaded some freebies from the Navigon Fresh software - very random apps! Some of the descriptions are only in German so I wasn't entirely sure what they did until I installed them.

So far, I have an app that allows me to enter a number plate, and it tells me what part of the country the car was registered in.
An app which is just a picture of the front of an up! - the lights come on and the screen goes very bright! I'm assuming it's supposed to be a sort of torch for when M+M is not in the car?
And finally, an app which tells me what punishment I will receive for speeding.

All a bit strange and I would say none of them have improved my up! experience but who knows? Perhaps this is just the beginning of some very clever infotainment goodies!!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mattyup. I did have a look at those, as u say a bit random

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
ok, I have a question, my maps and more came up and said I only have one more day to use my voucher to download maps today while it was plugged into the car....
I swear that I had already downloaded the latest updates.... does this not include the maps and also what voucher/code are people talking about, it says on the front of the box about getting the first maps free but I cant see anywhere how to claim this free?

CONFUSED!!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The voucher code is for 80% off I think, anyway it went from £79.99 to £16.12 or some other such random amount. My code was on the large fold out sheet of paper in the navigon box.

I updated before paying and installing the maps, so not sure what you actually get if you don't pay

Going by previous posts everyone has the same code FRESHMAPS80 I think it is.Edited by: bugbabe34

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry quoted myself
Edited by: bugbabe34

·
Registered
94 Posts
I put the Freshmaps code in that came in the box and just like bugbabe said, it reduced the price of a map pack which entitles you to downloads of the latest map updates which are released a few times a year from £80 to £16ish.
The updates last for 2 years then I'm guessing if you still want the updates it'll cost you the full £80 to buy another 2 years worth.

I didn't want to pay but as everything was new and shiny, I did!
I'm sure I read that you get 30 days from when you activate M+M for the first time - I'll have to check that again to confirm

Thinking about it, if my satnav wasn't updated regularly, I really wouldn't have cared! My last one was 4 years old and is still mostly right!!Edited by: MattyUp

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree Mattyup, I've never updated any sat nav and never had any problems. But there again I don't use it that often. As you say 'new and shiny' and you've just spent thousands, so what's another £16

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hi

Like others I paid the £16

I thought get 2 years of updates, then in 2 years when it comes to renew for full price, I can see whether to bother or not

·
Registered
956 Posts
Bugbabe and Mattyup are correct in terms of the code, what you need to do and what you get for the money.

In terms of updating, I must admit that we now do this fairly regularly with our TomTom thanks to a couple of journeys (one particular nightmare in Manchester springs to mind straight away) where things had changed pretty significantly and our SatNav didn't have the latest update. We spent ages trying to get around a one way system that the SatNav was adamant didn't exist

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just spent a couple of hours downgrading my maps from the Q1/2012 I'd already installed to Q3/2011 and then Q4/2011 - yep, I was looking at the Q number and not the date. Still, it's quite confusing. I wasn't sure if the maps were things you had to download all of, or if the latest one negates the needs for downloading previous ones. Just re-downloading Q1/2012 again. Sigh. You would think it would indicate which one you were currently using as well, without having to disconnect and go into the options/settings screens on the device.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im glad it wasnt just me. No instruction on there that I could see.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I would have thought that they would be incremental updates, and hence small, rather than a complete map install, which would be large (the full install of the European maps for my zumo 500 is well over 2GB and won't fit on the zumo, so the UK and Ireland sections have to go on a 2GB SD card).

The updates should contain all the latest road changes (re-naming of streets, new roads, one-way systems, and other updates and corrections). Whether you need them all is debatable. Perhaps a quick email to Garmin/Navigon support would confirm or refute this? I couldn't spot anything obvious on the FAQ section of Maps & More.

Nick

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Q2/2012 is now available

·
Registered
532 Posts
I am unable to establish a usable account with Navigon so I can't buy any new services or use the 2year map update offer.

The reason for this is that I don't have a house number. I've tried with 0 and - and I can use the account for free updates and a single map upgrade, but I'm unable to use my credit card.

There are times I wish that I had a house number.

Has anyone else had this issue and if so, any solutions? Navigon are trying,but they aren't being very successful.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
I have no house number and it worked fine...had to set up on a PCM before downloading via my mac though.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Ps, Q3/12 is latest now

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Oops, typo. PC. Not PCM. Sorry

1 - 20 of 31 Posts