Up Owners Club banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Well Wayneofwolves, I had a test drive of the 128ti yesterday - wowsers what a great car. Comfortable, good level of standard equipment and plenty powerful. Really surprised me. One of the best cars I've ever driven. Delivery sometime this month. I will miss my Up for it's condensed Gti'ness. Still a brill little car.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Jossy was reading the reviews on it was getting some very good feedback like you I loved my Up but I need something bigger the boot was becoming a pain .Enjoy your new car hope you got good px price for the up I lost £350 on mine over 12 months

·
Registered
254 Posts
It is always a surprise how we are in love with our cars at first, but then go off them a few months latter. In my youth i sold a car after only 3 months on two occasions at a huge loss.

I soon got fed up with making car dealers rich and kept my cars longer. I kept my Rover Mini for 7 years, Fiat chinq sporting 8 years and Smart 10 years.

I will probably keep my UP GTI for 3 or 4 years and then get a Mazda MX5 or Mercedes SLC which i will keep for 4 or 5 years and then get my final car a BMW 320 or Jaguar XE which i will keep until i give up driving.

·
Registered
600 Posts
[/QUOTE]
It is always a surprise how we are in love with our cars at first, but then go off them a few months latter. In my youth i sold a car after only 3 months on two occasions at a huge loss.
Car ownership is just like being married lol!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Couldn’t agree more but for me it’s a hobby my partner she says it’s a illness. Always looking for the next car keep them 12 months on Average my excuse, I don’t drink gamble or like Designer clothes big house’s or got a drugs habit .
But do love changing my car love the chase love picking it up and Driving it home for the first time , the dreaded first wash when you find the stone chip you missed . Yes think she is right it’s a illness. 🤣

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have never married but i did change girlfriends very quickly in my youth. Mind you they were probably glad to be rid of me as well.

Yes they do say changing or collecting cars is an illness. They say that more when it comes to Classic Cars. Have you seen the Mathewsons auction on the TV?

I still object to losing a large amount of cash when changing cars too soon. Even worse if you purchased the car new and sell it a few months latter. Its not so bad if you buy the car used even delivery mileage and get a massive discount.

I would have around ten cars if i had the money and somewhere to keep them, but that is why i like to have something different when i change cars.

I also change my mind constantly about what car to buy next. As well as the cars i listed above for my next car it could also be the Mini Cooper, or Fiesta ST. Then my final car could be the Zoe Electric or Mini E. I do also fancy the mid engine Alpine if it was not so expensive and the Bentley Conti GT which you can now get used for around £16000.

I have plenty of time to decide on my next car and i will have plenty of Test Drives as my name suggests. For now i will be happy to drive my UP GTI a lot more than i have been doing now that the warmer weather will be here at least for the one week of summer we usually have.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts