Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello !!!!
We are thinking of replacing my wife's mazda 2 for a up, is there many on here come from a bigger car ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi
I downsized allbeit from a polo. I really don't notice that it is smaller until I see it parked in a car park. It feels no smaller than my polo and I had a 1.4 FS sport before so thought Imay regret small engine but its really nippy. I have absolutely no regrets in buying this car- so enjoying it. Had 3 weeks now.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I've also come from a BMW 320d via a Ford Focus. I honestly don't miss them, the Up is much more fun than either. It is roomy enough for 4 6 footers and the High Up has more toys than the Beemer.

·
Registered
31 Posts
We're downsizing from a focus and this will be our main family car for me and the wife plus our 2.5 year old. Roll on Wednesday.

·
Registered
592 Posts
The up is like a Tardis and I can't really understand how VW have achieved this small miracle.

The up is roughly the same size outside as our previous Toyoa Aygo, but inside appears much larger. Some say as large as a Golf at least. OK, the boot will not be as big as a larger car, but even that is twice as big as the one in the Aygo. Don't hesitate, just do it, you will not be disappointed.

Edited by: Truth-seeker

·
Registered
393 Posts
I downsized from a Toyota Yaris 5 door 1.0 litre, to my Up! and haven't regretted it once. It drives better, the quality is a country mile better, and the fuel economy is better. In fact it's better in almost every area! It's absolutely superb!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Totally agree. Whist the Aygo was fault free, the built quality was very cheap and the engine noisy (same 3 cylinder & cc as up). The doors on the up close with a lovely "clunk" whereas the Aygo was like closing a biscuit tin lid.

Don't get me wrong, the Aygo is a good little city car but the up is both (IMO) a city and distance car.

Can't understand though how Toyota offer as standard a 5 year warranty, yet VW charge £500 to extend to 5 years for the up.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi all, I've ordered my up and it's on it's way. I'm downsizing from a 2011 Ford Mondeo Titanium X 2.2ltr TDCI 200PS Sport Estate which I love to bits and will be devastated to see it go. I mainly do short town journeys of only a few miles each and the DPF and CAT are getting bunged up. I'm lucky to see over 29 mpg around town, Road Tax is £195 a year as opposed to £20 for my Up! Tyres cost a fortune for its 19" rims and our kids are all grown up and would rather be seen dead than with us. I'm looking forward to receiving my Up! but worried I won't love it as much as I love my Mondy.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi I downsized from a Mazda 3 1.6 5 door to 5 dr high up and can honestly say don't miss Mazda at all. Twas a gas guzzler , though it is a great car. Couldn't be happier with my up and in 3 years will probably go for GT!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hi I will be downsizing froma a Fiat GrandePunto, haven't got the UP! yet but not at all worried about that... Can't wait :) Loads of people over on the italian (I live in Italy) owners club come from big volvo's, bmw's and mercs and are really happy :)

I'm running my GPunto on LPG (GPL here) and are getting my UP running on CNG :) (called an ECO UP!)

·
Registered
619 Posts
I went from a Renault Clio 1.2 TCE 100 to the Up. Although the Clio was a small car, I've saved about £150 per month since I bought the VW. No regrets so far.

·
Registered
532 Posts
3 series bm and I love my up. I pushed it the other day up Orton Fell which has some challenging road surfaces, bumps, bends and felt very at ease. The car obviously doesn't have the grunt of the bm, but if you are happy using some revs, it's great fun and very stable. Good steering and amazingly comfortable, none of the pogoing you can get with small cars.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Similarly to Ducatikid, I have thrashed our Take Up over the Snake Pass. With that eager, rorty engine as the soundtrack and the go-kart handling it's definitely more fun than a BMW over the same road.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Sounds like a load of fun Ally... I fancy giving that a go! OOO just thought, the military road that parallels the A69 alongside Hadrian's Wall from Carlisle to Newcastle... now thats a fun road too!Us Northern Oldies should try and plan a meet one weekend when the good? weather finally arrives - what you reckon? ( and anyone else in the forum too of course if they interested!)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts