Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else experienced this. Water dribbles from the wash jet over the rear screen. This is all the time not just after the rear screen has been washed.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Yes ...
I have to admit that I first noticed it after it was a topic in the German up! forum ...

I think there have been solution to stop the dripping. A valve???

My solution so far is, not to take it serious ...
I have bigger problems in life than this - so, I ignore it ...

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I don't think so ...
In October I start mixing the water with antifreeze fluid.
First filling might only be until -5°C but the second or third filling will bring it to -15°C or more.
You should use your rear wiper a few times in autum so that the antifreeze is inside the pipeline. After a few miles, the car is warm anyway ...

Even if it drips over night, it will be the antifreeze mixture ...

·
Registered
957 Posts
Cadfael said:
Yes ...
I have to admit that I first noticed it after it was a topic in the German up! forum ...

I think there have been solution to stop the dripping. A valve???

My solution so far is, not to take it serious ...
I have bigger problems in life than this - so, I ignore it ...

Same for me Cadfael !

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have the same issue with my new High Up. Whilst I agree that it's not a major problem, it IS irritating, especially if you like to keep your car looking clean as it leaves a constant mark where the water dribbles down the screen.

I'll be asking the dealer to sort it out, as whilst it may be a minor issue, it's an issue that shouldn't be there in a brand new car (my Citigo didn't have this problem). Suggest you do the same if it bothers you OP.

·
Registered
21 Posts
It's common on the Citigo too. Many have reported it.
Adding antifreeze to screen wash is the worst thing you can do as it will eat/stain your paintwork. Just using more screen wash and less water is sufficient.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi there, I had this on my 14 plate. It started about 2 months after I got the car. Finally took it in 2 weeks ago to get it sorted along with a brake problem and when I was dropping it off the service guy said there was prob nothing that could be done as no valves in the system etc and that it prob did it from day 1 but I hadn't noticed. WHAT? I wasn't having it, the **** idiot. I got my car back the next day, faulty valve and was replaced under warranty. Needless to say the service guy shut up with his stupid comments and I had someone else do the paperwork. Poor customer service from the 1st guy, but the 2nd guy and the tech I spoke to were fantastic and made up for the poor start.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mine was fixed last week, there is a VW tsi on this , affects other models as well, inc golf.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts