Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently in Devon tearing about the countryside and I have to say that I'm over the moon with the way our little UP! performs both in grip and power - OK you have to swizzle the gears but oh! what a pleasure
It definitely compares with our last car - a mini clubman!!

·
Registered
438 Posts
I'm trading in a Clubman for my Up. Although its a well built car, it's too low, uncomfortable and I'm fed up of replacing run flat tyres!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Scrubnut said:
I'm trading in a Clubman for my Up. Although its a well built car, it's too low, uncomfortable and I'm fed up of replacing run flat tyres!
We have a High UP! with the heated seats, cruise, maps and more and reversing sensors which makes it very well equiped. We changed for that very same reason - how odd is that

·
Registered
47 Posts
Have you noticed how well it corners? I mean in a corner when you turn in even more and the back end just seems to swing the car onto the tighter cornering line, like a Wurlitzer seat kind of thing? Is that rear active steering? There is no tyre squeal or drama.
I love it.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Active rear steering?! On an 8k car with a live rear axel, no chance.
It likely just handles the way it does because it's light, and the wheels are pushed right to the corners.
I found the supplied tires left A LOT to be desired, waaaay to easily over powered.
However, with a set of coilovers and some wider, larger wheels and muuch lower profile tires, it's like it's on bloody rails!

·
Registered
217 Posts
I agree Roakley.

I just did around 600 miles last week cruising around Cornwall and Devon with my Up. I was at first a little hesitant as mine is an ASG that how will it perform on all those very steep hills. But it did surprisingly well! There were only a few odd occasions when I had to go into manual mode as the car couldn't decide in an uphill on which gear to use. It also takes bends like a go-kart.

Edited by: ZillUp

·
Registered
47 Posts
Agh active rear steering. Like you say, not a chance. I was thinking passive. Passive not active. Even so I think you are right, it is just the design, lack of weight and wot not.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts