Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's very little I find missing from my Up! but my disabled wife is unable to operate the passenger electric window and, as you know, there is no provision for the driver to do so.

If anyone has looked into this as a possible mod, or better, successfully completed it, I would be most interested to hear from you.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Raj55, that's a very helpful link.
The task for the Up! requires a bit of thought as to where to put the switch.
Someone here has mentioned using one of the blanks in the radio housing; this might be easier than taking the wiring to the driver door and still be easy to reach. This solution, however, also leaves the problem of removing the slider mechanism in the radio housing. I'm still puzzling about that.

At some point I will find a solution.

Red Move with sensor and winter pack.

·
Registered
727 Posts
elevenup said:
There's very little I find missing from my Up! but my disabled wife is unable to operate the passenger electric window and, as you know, there is no provision for the driver to do so.

Karma will one day strike the person whose lame idea it was to not include a passenger door window switch on the drivers side..!

Love my up! but this has to be the dumbest (non) feature of the car..!! It's also verydangerous for even able bodied people to operate the passenger window while driving the up!

·
Registered
88 Posts
One friend has made this conversion in his toyota aygo. Its not difficult to do it in the up but i think that i would have problem with the guarantee of the car.

·
Registered
532 Posts
vwild1 said:
elevenup said:

Karma will one day strike the person whose lame idea it was to not include a passenger door window switch on the drivers side..!

Love my up! but this has to be the dumbest (non) feature of the car..!! It's also verydangerous for even able bodied people to operate the passenger window while driving the up!

You shouldn't be opening windows while you are driving along. It's not safe.

Also remember, we did manage awfully well before electric window winders were invented.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts