Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi new member here and been searching a lot of useful posts, but could not quite find this oddity anywhere.

My wife adjusts the drivers seat to full height and uses the car most days. I never bother moving the height TBH so leave it where it is.

Its a September 2017 plate.

Oddly every day we need to pump the handle maybe just half or a full pump to get it back to the height. A very small adjustment.

It's a really small oddity and not a major concern. its a 2017 plate so under warranty etc. But assume just maybe how it is. But I also have another VW golf and I never have to pump that !

Just wondered if other users get same issue or not, its not like its gone to the bottom and have to pump it for ages its literally a small amount each day. As I say its more an oddity and seems such a small niggle "

·
Registered
205 Posts
Politely tell your wife not to move it. I have a similar issue with the wife raising the seat, lowering the steering wheel, adjusting the wing mirrors, rear view mirror and head rest on my car for a 2 mile journey and leaving them there. Does my nut in!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hmm - well I have had mine for 18 months now and nobody else drives it or gets in and plays about with it. I find that the seat height reduces just a tad in about a month and needs maybe 1 pump - rarely any more. Perhaps its having to go over all those road lumps that flexes something. I must have a gander under the seat (if it ever stops raining or freezing) and see if its a small hydraulic system what.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Mine's a 15-plate, and no sign of it changing anything by itself, thankfully. From the parts drawings there's no sign of hydraulics, but what appears to be a ratchet-based adjuster. Like all mechanical parts, they will wear with use - although 2-ish years does seem rather short. A good reminder to all of us to complete proper cockpit checks before moving off, however - surely better than the repair bill for having an accident because we couldn't see a hazard properly?

Reactions: Stevie The Fixer
1 - 5 of 5 Posts