Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The undertray has gone (the black plastic panel below the front bumper. This partly secures the radiator, which can now swing a bit. How long could I realistically drive in this state?

The local garage cannot do a loan car for 4 weeks. I'm going to check other garages. It looks I might have to take at least one day off work.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Have you got VW break down assist ?

Call them.... they may be able to secure it, or provide a courtesy car if the car is unfixable.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
swinging radiator sounds dodgy, even if only a tiny swing, its bound to loosen the hose clamps etc ....can it be cable tied secure or similar?

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it's okay, I used a cable tie to secure the radiator to the U shaped bar that goes round it, and the garage applied a second. It's booked in for Friday with a day off work. I think the main problem is road debris damaging the radiator, so I am driving with more care than usual, and going slow through any puddles.

Apparently the garage have had quite a few cars in with damage to the undertray due to going through deep puddles at speed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts