Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've just ordered a new Mii and have been reading this forum.
Has anyone changed there DRL/Side Lights for brighter Super White HID bulbs? If so where did you purchase them from & are they much brighter?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi there, If you look at confirmation of headlight type in technical I posted all the bulbs and where I got mine. They do make a huge difference and are much better

·
Registered
587 Posts
I have updated mine in the up! to MTEC T20's and the Mii/up! /Citigo all have the same DRL lights ebay is a good place to look.

They are not really any brighter just a more crisp white light.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I can't find any pics of mine with stock bulbs, on DRL. However, here she is as I picked her up, with standard fogs and sidelights on:

And the new DRL/sidelights and MTEC fogs:

And finally, same bulbs, just set to DRL:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just ordered some bulbs: MTec W21/5W T20 Dual Filament 7443 Super White HID
Are these good?
What bulbs you got in Fogs?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Those are good yes, those DRLs I have are a cheaper version if the MTEC.
The fog I have are MTEC HB4s, expensive, but a vast improvement.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'd love to be blinded by one of those modified up!'s. Nothing better than an unfocused dlr shining directly into your eyes as you wait for the lights to change

·
Registered
604 Posts
I've changed mine over and I did not need to adjust hight or anything straight swap like for like it's just white light not yellow
Ignorance must be bliss

·
Registered
7 Posts
Davec86 said:
Who says they're unfocused and blinding?

Anyone who's eyes are in working order I'd hope? Below is how the dipped beam compares to dlr (VW UP! lhd). Top of the dark box is where the line of sight of the driver sitting in a car facing you would be. I can post a vid where it's even more obvious.

This is standard setup (how is this even allowed?). Now replace standard bulbs with something of a different colour tone/brightness and do I have to say more?

Edited by: comoestasbaby

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I can't see the pic for some reason. But that aside, I don't buy it. I've seen a lot of Up!s about, and have never found the DLRs blinding when they've driven past, and just because mine are whiter, doesn't make them 'blinding and unfocused'. If it helps to stop you worrying your pretty little head, they are road legal, E marked bulbs.
So no, you haven't really explained yourself sufficiently, IMO.
Opinions and ar5e holes springs to mind.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've reuploaded the gif hopefully it should work for everyone now. It should have enough "fact factor" I hope? Being E or non E marked don't make them less obnoxious. See below and tell me does that light look like it's focused and cutting the beam on the driver's eye level or unfocused and shining wherever the feck it wants because it looks cool like a mother.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Yea, nice try. That's my car, I know they aren't unfocused, blinding or obnoxious. Fact.
They look the way they do because the photo was taken on an iPhone, at night.
Would it make you happy if I retook the photo to how a real reflection of the lights, in the day time when they're used?
Crying about my DRLs isn't going to make me change them. Regardless of how much you cry about them I'm not going to agree with you either, you are wrong.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I believe that everyone is entitled to their own opinion. The use of words such as ignorance, arsehole and narrow minded is unnecessary. With no axe to grind could someone please tell me why when someone is behind me with brighter lights does my cabin fill with light and although I can dip my rear view mirror I am blinded by the reflection in the wing mirror. Is it because they are too close or the lights need adjusting?

·
Super Moderator
1,495 Posts
DRLs are not meant to throw light.

They are to 'be seen', not to 'see by', much the same as sidelights.

I've fitted a whiter bulb, purely for aesthetics, however I wouldn't put a brighter bulb in, as DRLs don't have a beam pattern, so the risk is that you could dazzle other road users.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.