Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, my nice white drl bulbs from HID-direct lasted 2 months....rubbish!...just ordered some LED's to see if they are any better... (mind you 2 months was about 5000 miles!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi, I use those MTEC blue coloured DRL bulbs and they are bloody useless. They look great but blow all the time, the same two month lifespan on average. I've thought about the LED's too but are worried about them lighting the dash bulb out warning light. Keep us informed of your LED's.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was the MTEC ones I had, ...utter crap....

My car doesn't have a light-out dash warning, there is no can-bus sensing for it on the up (well 2012 one anyway)

These are what I went for....

ebay item No. 261480583941

will post how I get on with them.

·
Super Moderator
1,051 Posts
Those led ones you put the eBay item number for are the ones I bought and from the same seller too! Very bright but you need to mod the pins as shown in the other drl thread that's on here, or it will.blow the fuses for the sidelights and the drl's.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I must admit that I've not had any problems with MTEC, fitted them back in August 2013, still going strong, though this post will probably be tempting providence!

·
Registered
523 Posts
So I fitted my 2nd set of mtecs at the start of march and one went pop this morning. They don't last very long do they!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Are you sure that the eBay item 261480583941 (Privatedoc, above) is suitable? They are described as 7.5w LED....but the DRLs are twin-filament (5/21w). There are dual-power (5/21w) LEDs available that simply replace the original bulbs with NO modification of any kind.
Example; eBay item 271003154785...with excellent reviews from Citigo and up! owners.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts