Up Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fitting the DRL bulbs is pretty easy

as you can see from the 2 photos (heavily photoshopped i know) the build fitting just turns and pulls out

As soon as i fitted them i popped the fuse, does anyone know which of these fuses is the bulb fuse. also helpful to other uses who will pop the fuse too!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
your always on lights, Day time running lights

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
As daytime running lights are basically for the benefit of other road users and not the driver what are the advantages of changing them at the risk of blowing fuses.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its a cheap and easy way to mod you car, and for some of us to recapture a tiny bit of the old school 'boy racer' past our other halfs hate so much!

Love it!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
going to Halfrauds to get a few '10' fuses to fix the issue! cheers

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Breakers yard, hand full of `10` fuses. popped a couple more and just gave up!

Even following the link from Lupogtiboy I am giving up!

Original bulbs back in and happy!

·
Registered
540 Posts
What bulbs did you use? I installed some MTEC DRLs no issue an I know quite a few here have used POLARGS and LEDs without issue either?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just some Happy Shopper Tesco Value ones from China. Going to look for some quality ones tonight from eBay or the likes.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Could be why, then. I'd definitely consider ordered some POLARGs from the US if that's what you're after. The UK ones that market themselves as POLARGS are 99% sure to be fake so factor that in. Others have had issues with the MTECs that I have but they're worked great for me so far:

http://www.upownersclub.co.uk/forum/my-tungsten-silver-high-up_topic4976_page5.html

·
Registered
467 Posts
I have played around with different kind of LED's from the beginning of Up! appearance.

.. crossed the LED connectors, bought and installed LED transistors, etc .. and none of fuses were blown out.
when checking the DRL socket You see the "+/+" and a big "-" sides (maybe there are -/- and +, but anyhow..)
if the one side doesn't work, try to put LED connectors to other side and install itoncemore.

Ps. the key must be on OFF position when installing the LED and only when it's in place -turnignitionkey to ON, otherwise LED WON'T work, because there is some kind of safety..

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
After 3 days of driving around with a popped fuse I was chuffed to bits to have the standard dull yellow glow of the factory bulbs. But a day after this in the back of thecar infront I want mtec ones! I'm too fussy I guess!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts