Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
I will keep an eye on ours, had it replaced in June.(Also got the fuel pipe/death rattle to fix as well).

·
Registered
146 Posts
I’m curious about this one Leckman. Every time I wash mine, I’m always very careful not to put any pressure at all on the rear spoiler, as it feels extremely fragile, confirming my assumption that it’s nothing other than purely cosmetic, as at really high speeds, I’m not sure how much downforce it could ever provide without detatching itself from the rest of the vehicle.

Having said that, I’d also be curious to understand if those who have had issues with the integrity of the rear spoiler are those who frequently drive at higher speeds, i.e. regular motorway use. Other possible thoughts are heavy-handed operatives at hand car washes, or overzealous use of a pressure washer aimed at the rubber seal ?

Looking forward to hearing the thoughts of others on this ...

·
Registered
515 Posts
I've done 8500miles in mine since last June 25th, a lot of it at motorway speeds and don't have the "droop" oo er Missus.
I never take it to a car wash, I wash mine personally, however, strangely in the middle bottom of the spoiler, it isn't stuck down, but doesn't droop. When we get over this current Covid-19 issue, it will be going in for it's first service (should have gone in the day after lock-down), and I'll ask them to look at it under warranty.

·
Registered
247 Posts
16k miles in 16 months
No droop.
Hand wash only, but more importantly I always soft close the boot, meaning I let it drop from the lowest possible level that allows it to fully close. I don't trust the spoiler, and I don't like noise (!)

In life, uncontrolled forces lead to early hardware failures

Laugh at me

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The car has never been on the motorway,has always been hand washed by myself and as I say had the trim re bonded in January.Looks like the re bonding was simply replacing 2 strips of double sided sticky tape which just come away once the sun gets at it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts