Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really fed up now, my little one arrived in the UK from Emden on Sunday morning and has been loaded onto a transporter and now is........who knows where - certainly not the dealer that's for sure!

They can't find it on the manifest as to when it's due to arrive on the compound and still can't give me any indication as to when I'll be able to pick her up.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
My dealers were hopeless at keeping me updated this side of the water (actually all sides). It was a case of 'we have your car, need 5 days, u can pick it up,on .....'
Not much forwarning
So try not to worry too much

·
Registered
73 Posts
Think its a bit poor theyve not kept you informed. mine told me an approx build date, called to confirm the build date... called to say it was shown loaded overseas, called again to say it was in the uk and finally called again to say you can come and get it anytime after thursday.... cant really fault them there.

however i cant help thinking this has all been due to a very bad experience at another dealers and these guys didnt want to also get a barrage of abuse and written complaints too.... that aside, their customer feedback all looks good too so maybe ive just been lucky enough to find a decent firm to deal with.

hope you get it really soon!

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
mine had arrived at the dealers before I even knew it had left mainland europe... the only time I heard from them before that was "yes it has now left the factory and is on its way!"

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe I'm a control freak but I need to be updated every step, surely there should be some kind of administrator at these dealers that could send out basic text messages once a week. Dealers back tomorrow so will be on his case again.

Was supposed to call me first thing on Wednesday with choice of vehicle reg after being chased by phone and email I got a reply at 4pm just not good enough

·
Registered
34 Posts
ZumbaQueen said:
Maybe I'm a control freak but I need to be updated every step, surely there should be some kind of administrator at these dealers that could send out basic text messages once a week. Dealers back tomorrow so will be on his case again.

Was supposed to call me first thing on Wednesday with choice of vehicle reg after being chased by phone and email I got a reply at 4pm just not good enough

I know how you feel, I have had to chase my dealer all the way... After telling him I'm going to vw direct to sort out my 2nd remote key and he totally changed his tune. I work in high end retail and If I say I will ring someone I will ring them back, at the least! I just can't wait to get my car now and start enjoying it!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Upidge said:
ZumbaQueen said:

I know how you feel, I have had to chase my dealer all the way... After telling him I'm going to vw direct to sort out my 2nd remote key and he totally changed his tune. I work in high end retail and If I say I will ring someone I will ring them back, at the least! I just can't wait to get my car now and start enjoying it!

Had pretty much the same problem myself all the way through. To be fair, things did improve once the car had been released to ship and the dealer called me to keep me updated but we certainly shouldn't have to do the chasing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts