Up Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, picked up Dug's black centre caps on friday, give Dug a bath on saturday then fitted centre caps.....

Edited by: gary02tdi

·
Registered
525 Posts
That is soooo much better. I don't understand how they could have thought the white was a good idea.

·
Registered
604 Posts
yapmaul said:
That is soooo much better. I don't understand how they could have thought the white was a good idea.

Totally Agree

·
Registered
655 Posts
Although i still think these are better...at least the white ones sort of work on a white car!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
saw a black car with the white centres....ugg! Gary...looks complete now...nice one!

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MarkyMark said:
Although i still think these are better...at least the white ones sort of work on a white car!
I didnt mind the white ones, it was just the fact the volkswagen printed black centres in the up! brochure.

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Timwrexham said:
Where did you order them from? My up with the sports pack is on order. Might ask for black caps instead
We ordered Dug on the 4th feb this year, commplained to VW uk about one remote key and white centres, so they provided us with them free of change.

VW uk are now saying anyone that have placed an order after the end of april this year will have to pay for the items.

Got them both from my dealer....

·
Registered
655 Posts
That was my point as well with VW. Defo prefer the black ones and finishes it off nicely :)

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
I whined at vw re 2nd key and my dealer got me one at their expense however , as the 2nd up was ordered late july, I knew I'd better not try that again!

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Privatedoc said:
I whined at vw re 2nd key and my dealer got me one at their expense however , as the 2nd up was ordered late july, I knew I'd better not try that again!
Don't ask you don't get???
I'd go down the valued customers route!!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi, my Up! Is on order and I've upgraded to the sports pack with the same triangle wheels which I suspect it will come with those awful white centre caps. Could you tell me what size I need or are they all a standard size, where you got them, are they a VW genuine part and how much did you pay? Thanks for your great post jd pictures.

·
Registered
171 Posts
wow looks loads better, I have a High up on order in black with the sports pack - if the white centre ones are still standard then I'd best get those ordered now! The standard ones look bad enough on white, but on black they will look totally incongruous.

EDIT: looks like VW have seen sense - on the configurator the sport pack wheels clearly show as having the black centre caps, both on the scrolling wheel choice pics and on the configured car itself. other wheel choices are white, so not just a standard pic for all the wheels either.
Edited by: upmancotswolds

1 - 16 of 16 Posts