Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,492 Posts
e-petitions are about as contributions-worthy as sitting in your lounge and sending happy thoughts.

EDIT - I clicked on the link for curiousity value, it doesn't even tell me what the petition is about?

It just says 'Save the DVLA', please tell me there's more to it that that?
Edited by: shakotanVIP

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are local offices of the DVLA where you can manage all your vehicle documents instead of telephoning Swansea and relying on postal services these are due to be closed later this year. I prefer to use these facilities rather than Swansea

·
Registered
113 Posts
Here in Denmark, pretty much everything we have to do with the tax office, council, etc etc is purely digital - even for older people...

One has to ask for paper versions of tax forms etc if required...

I much prefer the digital world than having to talk to someone on the phone that hasn't got a clue anyway, or to go into town, park the car/take the bus/train to then wait in line for half an hour to talk to a person just as clueless as those on the phone, or to find out that the office was closed even though on the website it says its open at the time of calling in...

Each danish citizen has a digital post box called "e-Boks" where we can get most things sent to these days...

Probably explains why it costs nearly £1 to send a upto 50gram letter within the danish boarder... one of europes most expensive postal services i beleive...

Edited by: Lee in Denmark

·
Registered
44 Posts
Roakley said:
There are local offices of the DVLA where you can manage all your vehicle documents instead of telephoning Swansea and relying on postal services these are due to be closed later this year. I prefer to use these facilities rather than Swansea

I have a cherished reg,and i always visit the local DVLA office in Manchester to swap my reg when i change my car,so how will i do the reg swap if the local office is closed?

Will i have to visit Swansea or do everything by post?

·
Super Moderator
1,492 Posts
SMART EXAMINER said:
Roakley said:

I have a cherished reg,and i always visit the local DVLA office in Manchester to swap my reg when i change my car,so how will i do the reg swap if the local office is closed?

Will i have to visit Swansea or do everything by post?

Via post, the system has been in place to do this for years.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Would they close an office in a major city like Manchester? Peterborough, possibly.

Nick

·
Registered
222 Posts
I hate going to a DVLA office. Such a depressing place to be.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I hope theydo not close the Manchester office Collas but who knows when the Gov wants to save money. I still like dealing face to face instead of posting ShakotanVIP. Mostly i only visit the office every 4 years when i change cars.Also the Cherished reg swap rules state that they might want to inspect the car before the reg swap.How could they do that by post,but in truth they have never asked to inspect my cars,i thinkbecause i have had the reg for nearly 40 years,so they know me.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I'm used to having everything electronically when dealing with these things as I am originally from Finland.But after living in UK for some years now and having the pleasure of getting introduced to the "reliable" Royal Mail, I wouldn't want them to close the offices

1 - 11 of 11 Posts