Up Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question. I'm new to the e-Up! and I was wondering what is Available power and e-max. Under e max there are 5 bars. The first 100km or so of driving the car all those bars were filled, but since I last charged it only 4 out of the 5 bars are filled. What does this affect? Does it affect the acceleration? How can I change it? It's been about 80km and it hasn't changed.
Car Vehicle Speedometer Trip computer Gauge

·
Registered
e-up! 32kwh white
81 Posts
It’s the amount of power available to you, I think it takes into account the temperature of the motor/battery as well as charge.
nothing you can do to change it other than keep it charged and drive sensibly, I tend to ignore it in normal driving. After a spirited drive down a long straight country road at or near the speed limiter I’ve had the display drop to the long bar and a noticeable drop in power when pulling away from a junction despite having over 50% charge. Was still able to reach national speed limit but the acceleration was reduced. The next day it was back to normal. I assume it was limiting power to protect itself after a period of sustained high output.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It’s the amount of power available to you, I think it takes into account the temperature of the motor/battery as well as charge.
nothing you can do to change it other than keep it charged and drive sensibly, I tend to ignore it in normal driving. After a spirited drive down a long straight country road at or near the speed limiter I’ve had the display drop to the long bar and a noticeable drop in power when pulling away from a junction despite having over 50% charge. Was still able to reach national speed limit but the acceleration was reduced. The next day it was back to normal. I assume it was limiting power to protect itself after a period of sustained high output.
Thank you! It seems like that's what's happening.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts