Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard anything definite about a launch date for the e-Up? Since it was first announced in 2009, It has been due to be produced in 2013, but there seems to be little to confirm it will arrive this year.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I think we will have to wait until there's some hint of growth. It's ahell of a rsik in a recession as there is a weak market and poor recharging network at present.

·
Registered
467 Posts
VW factory plans start production for60 kW (82 Hp)e-Up!:- Left hand drive - november 2013
- Right hand drive - february 2014

·
Registered
811 Posts
Being from Derbyshire, I love the name e-Up!!

Seriously though, I can't see the point of pure electric cars unless you live in the city and have a very short commute. The range is too short and the re-charge time too long.

I'd be much more excited if it was a range extended electric with a generator like the Chevvy Volt or better still a hydrogen fuel cell, that's got to be the way forward.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Thanks for that. You sound very well informed, with those dates. Have you got any more details?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Yes, I agree. I live in a market town in the East Midlands and most of my round trips are well within the 90 mile range.
Another interesting idea I've seen is the use of a 'range extender' trailer for longer journeys, although I doubt the Up will have a towing bracket available through the dealers.

·
Registered
467 Posts
planned charging - 5.5hours (100%) from 230V socket, fast charge 30min (80%) from special station.interesting, that it is planned to build app for mobile, where all car statuses will be shown.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They are pretty impressive figures. Any idea how much the "special" charging station is likely to be?
Really like the prospect of checking status data on my mobile. Thanks for all this info. If you find any more I would be delighted to hear it.
Phil

1 - 9 of 9 Posts