Up Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard reports that they don't easily go back to the original place (like in my EOS) when you let people in and out of the back.

Is that really the case? Or is there a technique?!

Thanks

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Oh no that's really the case. Blooming annoying.

You have to tilt the seat back forward and push the whole seat forward and that's how it stays. You then have to reverse the action, not knowing where it actually was in the first place grrrrr

·
Registered
677 Posts
the seats are by far the most annoying feature of the Up! you flip the wee lever and it catapults the chair forward! then to move it back you have to hold the lever and physically move the chair back!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
bugbabe34 said:
Oh no that's really the case. Blooming annoying.

You then have to reverse the action, not knowing where it actually was in the first place grrrrr
In my Aygo, I have tape on the floor and on the side of the seat, when they line up the seat is in the position that I use !!

Edited by: davidw

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh... great... not perfect for an ocd type person like me... some kind of mark will have to be put so get it bck to the right place!!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Mine is as far back as it goes and upright. So maybe less annoying for me than others. But very poor design

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess mine will be too as I'm 6ft 1...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Are you sure that it doesn't remember the position.In the manual it says:-
Moving seats into the initial position1)
""º Move the seat towards the rear until the lock is heard to engage.
""º Then push the seat backrest back into the upright position until the unlocking
button clicks into place - check by pulling on the seat backrest.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I wonder if the manual has changed for 2013 model as I can't find that wording in mine. I've had a good look at the seat and I can't see how it would remember its position. In fact, my manual tells me to 'slide the seat as far back as it will go until it engages. Operate the lever and fold the seat backrest back. The seat backrest must engage in an upright position when the lever is released.' Doing this means you have to reset both seat and backrest whenever you let a passenger in through the drivers door. It's absolutely fine if, like me, you rarely carry back seat passengers. For those who do it all the time VW have the answer - the 5 door up!

·
Registered
120 Posts
The manual I used was the Skoda one that was linked in, however I think that you are saying the same thing - if you slide it back with the back rest down it should stop at the original position.
No idea whether it does, the nearest that I am to the car is the skoda manual !!

·
Registered
604 Posts
Nope it just slid all the way back

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hmmm... They way it says in the book (according to a previous post)is the way it worked in the EOS which is what I would have expected...

I tried it in a citigo and it didn't work... Felt like a bit of a cheapo mechanism!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts