Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed how many UPs are appearing on Ebay, usually ex-demo and from dealers....to be honest, most are asking OVER list for them so either they are havin' a laff or just deluded.

I can understand over-list premiums for stuff like the latest 911/ferrari or similar where there may be a 6-12 month wait but an UP???????....they're having a giraffe surely!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I noticed that the demo left hand drive I tested was on sale for full new price! Not there now, so someone must have bought it..

·
Registered
956 Posts
As long as people keep buying them at those prices, the dealers'll keep selling them. I noticed quite a few on Autotrader (including that revolting pink Take up!) and most seem to be way overpriced, particularly as a lot of them have apparently clocked up a hefty 3,000, 4,000 or even 6,000 miles.

Personally, being from Yorkshire, head would rule heart every time and I'd much rather wait 12 weeks and pay less for brand new but some folks might be just too impatient.

That said, the same 33 up!s seem to have been on Autotrader for a while now so perhaps people are a bit more sensible than I've given them credit for.

·
Registered
421 Posts
No - it'll be so they get interest then 'we can knock a bit off for cash' routine and you get it now and not have to wait like everyone else, order now we can't guarantee delivery before new year blah blah.....!!

·
Registered
235 Posts
You won't see mine on ebay either, even if it does have a leaky roof (but only it seems when jet washed ???) still love it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts