Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to everyone.I'm new to the forum and I would like your help.Last Friday I purchased a new eco up.From the first moment I had a problem with start / stop system ... If I stop the car,then the car started again without pressing the clutch and the indication of petrol returns from cng to petrol up to the next time I stop the car to reactivate the start / stop system.I noticed that every time I stop a car the start / stop system was activated in less than 15 sec without pressing clutch and sometimes petrol indication returns to petrol from cng ... The local dealer told me that is a problem with the car brain and neads an update but this update comes from Germany and they expecting this upgrade from the Germanu factory.Is there someone with similar problems to help me;

Sorry for my English

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hi Totti,

and welcome to our forum!

I have never heard of such a problem form German Eco up!s (Mii/Citigo) ...

I have no eco up!, so other forum members here with an eco up! might help much better!
Did your car show that it is ready for start/stop? There is some indicator on the display???

Did you read the (Greek) manual about start/stop?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Cadfael,
I am very disappointed from vw!
I have read the manual for start/stop and I know the occassions that it turns off.
My broblem is that here they don't have a specific answer for that problem and they told me that they have to wait a program from the factory in Germany that updates the "brain" of the car.
Today, I talked with another man here in Greece that has the same problem with me since May and till today there was no solution found!!!
I don't know what to think for all these and what to do...
I have the car just for one week and all those things go round and round in my head all day trying to find a solution cause I cannot contact with the factory in Germany to find out the truth!

·
Registered
198 Posts
I've driven a bit a cng/petrol car and apparently it's normal for them to occasionally switch to petrol, especially at very low speed or when idling and at start.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know which model have you driven and did that,but I know that for eco up that is a problem and the mechanics from the representation that I bought the car admit that.
The problem is that they told me that they can do nothing about that cause they have to wait for a program to be sent from Germany

1 - 7 of 7 Posts