Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First (more come Later) Pic of my new ECO Up ORdered end of Okt. Deliferd 8.2.12

Its a 68 HP Enigne it may run up to 164 kmh (about 101 MPH) witch is certenly to fast here in Switzerland ! First Drive is ok i will let you now if there a Things (there are just 3 Public CNG Station in UK !) here we have 134 ! Yea it runs Mainly on COMPRESSED NATURAL GAS, but has also 10 liter of Petrol/Gasoil if you have no more Gas!

Greetz from switzerland

Jarre
Edited by: jarre

·
Registered
187 Posts
ooks very nice hope you enjoy the drive of your new UP! and that youre happy with it. Let us know how you get on with the CNG engine

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi together
Thanks for your replys certrnly i can make more pic comes Time comes pic i work Shift as bus driver so dont have all Day Time !
Greetings from Snow Full switzerland
JarreEdited by: jarre

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here a Few More Pic Fresh Washed as Raods are Very Dirty from Salt !

Missing Stickers (Ich Fahre mit Erdgas) I Drive on Natural Gas from the Local Supplier, when i leve the sticker on for 3 years the Give me 1000 SFR (about 700 £) ! Nice such comercial i make Easy !

First Look Inside Make Better Later !

Look At the Engine (68 HP)

This is the Pressure Reducer. It Make the Pressure from the Tank from 200 Bar to 8 Bar for the Engine.

Sticker As A Warning !

Rear View

Sorry Computer is not Sharp ! Its in Germen Say how many KG you burn on 100 km at the Moment Consumation, Range This is Both CNG and PETROL/Gasoil Together! Sorry muss made a Better one !

And here Maps and MORe show you engine Temp And Current Speed of the Engine

More to Come ! Stay Tuned !

Greetz

Jarre

·
Registered
432 Posts
Thank you!
It looks very nice! Wow, only 3.4 Kg of gas per 100 Km! Very economical.

I hope we start to develop a CNG network in the UK, so models like this can be sold here.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Question... I realize that gas is not gasoline, yet both consist of hydrocarbons. 3.4 kg of gas per 100 km, taking into account that average density of gasoline is 0.75 kg/liter, means this is roughly equivalent to 4.5 l of gasoline/100 km - which is exactly factory figure. While that is not bad at all, shouldn't gas/eco engine have noticably lower consumption... or I'm wrong somewhere?

·
Registered
121 Posts
ptae2000e said:
Question... I realize that gas is not gasoline, yet both consist of hydrocarbons. 3.4 kg of gas per 100 km, taking into account that average density of gasoline is 0.75 kg/liter, means this is roughly equivalent to 4.5 l of gasoline/100 km - which is exactly factory figure. While that is not bad at all, shouldn't gas/eco engine have noticably lower consumption... or I'm wrong somewhere?

Can't create energy from nothing. The overall thermodynamicefficiencyof the engine is still defined by its four stroke Otto cycle, i.e. you still have to put the same amount of C & H in per cycle whether you use lower density CNG or the much denser petrol.

The saving comes from the fact that CNG should be cheaper to buy (less tax...for now) and, apparently, results in less CO2 being emitted when production and combustion are taken into account.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Nice!! Good also to see where the pressure reducer is placed. I have always wondered what the bracket in my car is for.. :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello

make first Fill up at Station ! And BC say 3.4 KG Consummation not bad for very first time and also Highway drive up to 120 KM/H (3.4 Kg *1.5 = 5.1 Liter per 100 Km) As one KG has the Energy of 1.5 Liter Gasoil. Or 1.3 Liter Diesel.

the MM can play via SD Card also Cover ! :

Certainly i listen to J.M.Jarre in my UP !!

Via the Free app Logo of radio station it show the Logo of the Radio Station !

When it runs on Gasoil the BC Display Liter not KG !! I made around 50 Km on Gasoil no Problem i dont Feel it the Change is very smooth !

here the Display whit Gas almost Emty BC of Car say 0 km CNG ! And warning Ligth on Tank display ! It has 2 Ligths there on CNG and one Gasoil !

Here the VERY first Fillup whit CNG 12.81 KG take Place in Complete Emty Tank ! (Vw Say its a 11 KG Tank) one Minute Later it switch from Gasolil to CNG ! I just here a illte Noise Tack and the display of Tank go to CNG !

Later More

greetings from Switzerland

Jarre

·
Registered
432 Posts
Thank you for all the information, Jarre.
It's very interesting. Can you show a photo of the filler hole where the gas goes in? Is it next to the filler hole for the petrol?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi NO Problem to make Next Time a Pic of the Filling ! Yea the CNG and Petrol Filling are at the Same Place ! Normaly you use more CNG then Petrol.

Will be maybee Monday until i get the Pic as i work on Sunday !

Greetings

Jarre

·
Registered
705 Posts
Do Not take photos when filling up at a petrol station!

If the flash is used an explosion is likely.

Nick

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No There is no danger whit Filling Up CNG As its fills whit 200 BARS its complety SAFE if you smel the Gas then is someting Wrong !!!!!! CNG Stations may also be Alone it must not be at a Petrol Station !
Filling CNG is safer and alomost Complety Odor Free ! No overfilling, no mesh ! You put the Clunch on Press Start and Relax, it stops automatic when the Tank is Full! then you reduse the Pressure in the Clunch and go to Shop to Pay! At the Station i take the Photo i Pay 1.099 EURO for one Kilogramm of CNG whitch is about 1.5Liter Gasoil.

Greetings
Jarre

·
Registered
121 Posts
Collas said:

Nick
I think it's highly likely that a phone was used to take these shots. As a low voltage, solid-state device this is no more dangerous than using any other part of the phone, and almost certainly safer than actually making a call.

Besides, it was daylight :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Your Rigth

i Use my Iphone 5 to Make this Pic. And very raryl use Flash ! Its not a Bad camera !

Greetings From Snow Switzerland

Jarre

·
Registered
583 Posts
Collas said:

Nick
Do you push your car in & out of a petrol station ?
Edited by: _1S_

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
OK Here you go Both (my Up and Me) still alive !!!!!
No Work for Fire Trucks !

First ist whit CNG Filling Closed whit the Dust Cover

Sencond is whit Dust Cover open !

Mostly these Fuelling Nozzle are in use :

http://www.weh.com/products/refuelling-systems-cng/product-line-cars/tk17-cng.en

or

http://www.weh.com/products/refuelling-systems-cng/product-line-cars/tk16-cng.en

that are the most used Filling, there are others but the are Combatible.

Here Pic (A BID OT) one of my Working Cars ! Ok its Dirty the dont wash them all days ! but also a bit Heaver 36000 LBS, Bigger about 60 Ft more Expensive (Dont now exacty but arround 400 or 500 000 £

How many HP, dont now enouf arround 300 to 400 YES we eat Horse ! No Problem whit Horse Lasange taste good ! ,certenly Automatic Shift this one is quite new arround 110 000 Miles run ! (180000 KM)

Greetz From Switzerland

Jarre
Edited by: jarre

1 - 20 of 27 Posts