1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
198 Posts
Huh, so at the same time it increases power and reduces consumption. And VW didn't know how to do that.
Maybe I'm too paranoid, but it sounds too good to be true...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is possible, a car with remapped ECU consumes less petrol gaits Because the constant fuel ratio does not take into account anti-pollution regulations. and enters always the perfect amount of fuel into the engine.

Then it is clear that if you accelerate consumes more because it has 20HP more.

The interesting thing, however, is the ability to bring the 60hp to 75hp so as to have the same engine but at a lower price :)

This trick is used on mini one 1.6

·
Registered
523 Posts
I also noticed the rev limiter has been extended. I would be very dubious you can get those gains on a single remap.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The limiter has not been extended! I do not know where you've read that!

But the most interesting thing is not how many hp you earn but the fact that you can return the engine 60hp to 75hp

·
Registered
583 Posts
The 60HP version goes to 68HP, it's the 75HP that goes to 84HP with the remap.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Its the same engine... just the ECU mapping is different. So you should be able to tune it like the 75 hp Up!.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And in italy the price is the same but in other country the 60hp is less expensive! :)

In italy the guy for the first year of license can only drive a car with a power to weight ratio of 55kw/1000kg and with up to 70kw.

then the up! 60hp is not a separate model but an optional free for young people

·
Registered
604 Posts
I have always wondered why you can't just clone the 75 and paste it into the 60, am I just being ignorant

·
Registered
95 Posts
BuzBuz said:
no! What is the rpm of maximum power. The up! makes more than 6280rpm! It is almost 7000rpm
YUP,, this ^

A cars maximum power produced is usually before the Rev limit kicks. The rev limit will stay the same, but they have shifted the max power produced slightly, by adjusting the fueling at a given load and rpm. This is usually tested and setup first on a rolling road, which monitors aspects like rpm, wheel speed and Lambda for air/fuel mixture. This map will then be used for other cars with the same spec. You can have a bespoke map for your car, but this is more expensive obviously.

You can also achieve better MPG after the map. Had my previous Audi remapped to almost 300BHP and MPG increased for a given journey by up to 6mpg. ofcourse if you use the loud pedal, this will be negated.

I have had a steep learning curve on this recently as have fitted a new engine to my weekend toy and converted to fuel injection from carbs. This was it on the rollers last week. Was a very tense moment as this was the first real time the engine had been pushed

[TUBE]z56Z8CRUxyg[/TUBE]

[TUBE]ioajgv5Lwqg[/TUBE]

·
Registered
235 Posts
Unless the re-map does anything to increase the torque, or reduce the engine speed needed to produce a given amount of torque, I think any increase in power will be largely academic. The 75PS engine isn't so different from the 60PS version in real world usage.

The beauty of the forthcoming GT will largely be the extra torque available due to the turbo, not just the horse power. This should make the up! so much easier and more fun to drive cross-country - with stronger low speed pick-up(!) and more relaxed cruising gained from the 6-speed gearbox the turbo will allow.

·
Registered
583 Posts
karlak said:
A cars maximum power produced is usually before the Rev limit kicks.
But not on the 60HP up! where max power is made well before the rev limiter, and power starts dropping off considerably after reaching its max power output - that's where the easy extra power can be made by remapping the 60HP.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I contacted a firm called Vtune based in Leeds regarding ECU re-mapping from 60 to 75bhp. I have no connection with the firm whatsoever, and so any quieries should be taken up with the company direct. It seems that it can be done!

This is their reply:-

Hi Don,

Yes we can remap your car for you.

The ECU isTricore and is protected
so will have to be done on the bench.
We also have
replacement anti tamper bolts so there is no sign of the ECU been
removed.

Remappingwill take it upto 80bhp and an extra 17nm more of
torque.
The file for this will have to come from
ourGerman suppliers.
All file are written per
vehicle and are not a generic type.
The original
file is backed up for if the vehicle is needed to be put back to
standard.

Total
price including our mobile service is £279.

I hope this helps and if your need
any more information please feel free to call me direct.

Many thanks
Phil<br id="FontBreak">

Vtune leeds Tel: 07881 634 202
Phil.

facebook: VTune Leeds
Twitter: @vtuneleeds

1 - 20 of 27 Posts