Up Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Up! GTI kings red; Eibach pro spacers/Pro Street S coilovers; Pilot sport 5s; Forge induction
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve just fitted Eibach Pro Spacers 12mm front/ 15mm rears; M12x1.5, 40mm bolts. No adjustments needed at all, and superb fit/finish. I have gone for these sizes for now as keeping with the original tire widths. I am just awaiting the production delayed Pro Street S kit to sort those arch gaps. I took some pics during the process, just in case anyone needed reference.

Automotive tire Road surface Motor vehicle Wheel Asphalt

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Locking hubs Motor vehicle

Rim Bicycle part Composite material Auto part Circle

Vehicle brake Automotive tire Bicycle part Locking hubs Rim

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Rectangle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Petal Road surface

Tire Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
869 Posts
Looking good! Spacers were the 1st thing we did makes a big difference to the look of the car and we ended up on Eibach Pro Street S coilovers as well.

I have a project thread in the GTi section if you want a few more ideas

·
Registered
196 Posts
Nice, fitting spacers and keeping the rear dust shields was always an issue but looks like these work just fine (and look great btw) 👍
They also seem to be considerably more wallet friendly than the previous solution - the ST kit - so that's a bonus!

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Ah - I get it!

It can be stub axle cap or bearing cap, depending on what names you grew up with !
It did not occur to me that the centre hole in a spacer would need to fit closely on the dust cap, but obviously it helps to keep the whole assembly reasonably balanced if it's a snug fit, not mention aligning the bolts and fitting into the centre bore in the wheel!

next question - are they light alloy so as to not add unsprung weight, or steel so you can bolt directly into them, rather through them?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts