Up Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I was wondering if anyone has fitted Eibach springs to their Up? I'm looking at options for lowering at the moment, and they have appeared on my radar. I had Eibach springs on my T4, and they were fantastic.

I'm not sure if it is recommended to change the dampers at the same time as fitting lowering springs? I have no desire to go super low, I still need to be able to traverse the normal rough roads found in the back of beyond. But, I want to take it down a notch from standard.

The other option, is a set of decent coilovers. I'm not one to do things cheaply, I would rather do things properly, so what are the best brand coilover options for the Up?

Cheers
Andy

·
Registered
727 Posts
bigandy said:
The other option, is a set of decent coilovers. I'm not one to do things cheaply, I would rather do things properly, so what are the best brand coilover options for the Up?

Try the search, you'll find that springs and coilover options have been discussed many times over already.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've had a good few days reading up o previous posts on this forum, and the consensus seems to be that the Eibach springs are not really worth going for, as the amount of lowering, is hardly noticeable.

I am seriously tempted with the KW coilovers though. I liek the fact they can be adjusted from super low, to a bit low. I'm a bit concerned about how the ride will change though. I don't want a ride that is bouncy and horrible, just something a little (but not much) firmer than standard.

I've got a while to save up though before committing, and I can always go back to the stock suspension if I need to...

Andy

·
Super Moderator
1,495 Posts
I can confirm that Weitec coilovers ride very nicely indeed, there is still a decent amount of suspension travel to soak up all but the biggest of bumps. If going very low, its almost too soft, I sometimes get wheel/arch interface over sharp bumps even though the wheel is at least 2" away from the arch when at rest. I may look at some slightly harder poundage springs to swap out, but for 'moderate' lowness, youd have no trouble at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts