Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So.. I was planning a lot of modifications to my Up! but then I realised that none of my ideas would come to life if I don't have a blog or something so I decided to make a new thread about it, and here it is!

First, I saw someone install Philips Silver vision indicator bulbs and I just HAD to have them. Unfortunately they were impossible to find around here (I hate to wait for orders...) so I thought I'd try out Osrams Diadem bulbs instead. Here's the result. I still think they're too orange though...

Original:

Really easy to change. Just a little twist and change it.

After: (maybe I have to take new pictures...)

So what do you think? Good - bad?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And another rather funny thing I saw just yesterday, the first day it rained since I got my Up!.

They mounted it wrong! :) The dealer got a little phone call from me afterwards and they will fix it immediately, hehe.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First off I just ordered a pair of headlight brows to get it look a little bit more angry. Then I've been looking around for either 16 inch or 17 inch alloys. I'm not really sure which size I want yet and neither if I want them in black, white or just ordinary color. I'm really into AEZ Valencia Dark at the moment but also som nice black Dotz... can't decide! :(
Other plans are also a new exhaust system so it sounds better. Probably with duplex ending. I've been in touch with a swedish company for custom made.
But these plans are the more or less the same what you guys already done so I have a few extras.
I want to do something to the grill. Cut it out to get more GTI feeling and some net. Or order a bodykit. I really like the little horns on the bumper and would like to make them stand out more.

I will probably do more things but my wife tells me to slow down :D

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My neighbour got home with some rear light tint so I decided to have a little fun with the Up! at the same time. I only did the clear/white area so it would have the same look as Golf IV GTi had and I'm not really sure if I like it or not. What do you think - keep or clean it?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The indicator lights are no problem, it's even better in strong sun, but the reverse lights is very dark so that is one reason to take it off.

I thought it would blend in very well with the black colour but I'm not convinced.

Now people know how it looks like to tint the indicator area though!

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Yea, I wrapped mine in orange for a while while had US spec side repeaters, it's a subtle touch that makes a big difference..
Was thinking red next!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts