Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it true that the UP (all models) cannot operate the passenger window from the driver's side? We have this penny pinching feature on our current Aygo, together with no courtesy light when passenger door opened, and hoped these 2 annoying items would be history on our new Up.

If so....shame on you VW.

·
Registered
705 Posts
The courtesy light comes on when the passenger-side door is opened, which is nice. But the window switch for the passenger is mounted on the door pull, which isn't. There again, I've never had the need to open that window yet, other than to install the wind deflectors.

Nick

·
Registered
397 Posts
Truth-seeker said:
Is it true that the UP (all models) cannot operate the passenger window from the driver's side? We have this penny pinching feature on our current Aygo ....
If VW wanted to save the cost of a switch and a length of cable, why didn't they mount the window switches on the centre console adjacent to the handbrake? - just like Vauxhall did on our Cavalier (J reg) and Honda did on our Civic (T reg). That way the driver and passenger had equal access to the each switch.
With this in mind I tried a showroom up! and found I could easily reach across to the passenger door and open. the window. After all, on my wife's Agila's I can't operate the front passenger window at all ... because it's a wind-up/down handle! So not a problem for us once we get our up!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree that the centreconsul for switches is a good idea. I don't know if the reason is cost saving or some other reason. I know that you don't need to access the passenger window very often, but when you do it is annoying to have to lean over, even our previous basic Lupo had passenger switches on the drivers side. Oh well, never mind, but I would just like to know why VW omitted them, especially on the top of the range UPs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts