Up Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Daughter's 2015 UP having electrical issues. Had a new battery fitted by garage c. 6 weeks ago - last days now has ALL dashboard warning lights up. Main VW garage already "conned" her to have new alternator fitted - needless to say made no difference
Any thoughts or suggestions welcome before she wastes even more money.

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Long shot, but can you get any OBD error codes off the car? Can you check what the voltage is across the battery terminals (ign off, and then on)?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for response.

Don't know what OBD error code looks like or where to find it.

Would need an AVO to check voltages(?) - bit techie for my daughter and she doesn't have one. How would this make all warning lights to come on?

Mechanically the car is fine (she's driving it) but something wrong re electrics.

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
OK, the OBD codes can be obtained through a dongle for under £10, and yes, a voltmeter reading of the battery would be useful to make sure it's OK (fully charged), but I sense that you can't easily get to the ca.... "Interesting" that the car drives OK - I wrongly assumed it was inoperable.

Just to be sure the ECU is properly reset, it's worth trying a battery disconnect/reconnect - like powering a PC off and on again, this does a "cold boot" of the "computer".

Also get her to check that with the ignition on, every electrical thing works as expected - lights, wipers, washers, heated rear screen - everything you can think of. A long shot, but it's about finding clues.

Reactions: Percy247
1 - 4 of 4 Posts