Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is already posted on here but I think that the 'blow UP!' infront that the real UP! didnt crash into is really cool - I want one!![TUBE]NfRW58xMzOM[/TUBE]

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I have it... Just too scared to try iy!

·
Registered
397 Posts
SiJ2000 said:
I have it... Just too scared to try it!
I can't waiy to try it out as soon as possible - just like ABS, I had to try that out so as to recognize what to expect when it does act for real. I'll drive at our wheely bin at just under 19 mph. And if anything goes wrong, all I'll be doing is pushing the bin forwards on its wheels!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Get someone to video it? I mean the video above is ok but all the videos I've seen are promotional ones not a real owner with their experience of it.Edited by: Grant25

·
Registered
532 Posts
The test works with a large cardboard box which can't fall over and stick under the bumper.

·
Registered
592 Posts
This feature should be compulsory on all new cars - reckon it will prevent a lot of crashes caused by morons playing on their i-phones when they should be driving and concentrating on the road ahead.BTW - love the blow up UP! - must get one.

·
Registered
532 Posts
It should also work at any speed so that tailgating becomes impossible.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Interesting. If true then should deffo be mandatory.

·
Super Moderator
1,495 Posts
Mulo said:
PeterWestSussex said:
I'll drive at our wheely bin at just under 19 mph. And if anything goes wrong, all I'll be doing is pushing the bin forwards on its wheels!

unless the airbags go off.

-- not related to airbags going off --
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkovUidzO1o

Airbags work via acceleration/decelerationsensors, not impact, so until the wheelie bins are full of concrete and significantly slow your car down, the airbags will not trigger.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts