Up Owners Club banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts
Crash01 said:
Interesting..what markets? Maybe there is also for UP!
Besides the possibility of getting wet, isn't imho so safe soo naked..
On Slovakian Skoda configurator, there is an item named "Paket pre zlé cesty a ESP vrátane ABS+MSR+ASR+EDS". I'm sure I saw it elsewhere too, but now I can't find it (for example, in German and UK configurators).

"Package for bad roads" includes engine guard and 35 mm raising springs (if I recall correctly).

Edited by: ptae2000e

What I really want is a plastic cover for the entire underside of the car! This should increase fuel economy, keep everything squeaky clean, and reduce cabin sound levels, all at the same time!

ptae2000e said:
Crash01 said:
Interesting..what markets? Maybe there is also for UP!
Besides the possibility of getting wet, isn't imho so safe soo naked..
On Slovakian Skoda configurator, there is an item named "Paket pre zlé cesty a ESP vrátane ABS+MSR+ASR+EDS". I'm sure I saw it elsewhere too, but now I can't find it (for example, in German and UK configurators).

"Package for bad roads" includes engine guard and 35 mm raising springs (if I recall correctly).
Found it!
415E all package, but if googletranslator is right, there isnt "engine guard".

Interesting anyway, thx, I will ask to my local dealer. On my ETKA there isn't nothing for UP.

Edited by: Crash01

Discussion starter · #24 ·
The one I have installed is made specially for my Up and as I also have asked to build larger side "ears" so that water from tires is not directed to the engine. The company which made it have all tech drawings and can build more of them just by pres of a button.

GRP is not stronger than plastic, ABS has much more flexibility, whereas GRP is rigid, so much more likely to shatter if something hits that engine shield.

That's why cheap reproduction bodykits are made from GRP, and high end/factory fitted parts are made from ABS.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts