Up Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have had our UP now for over a month and covered about 1200 miles. We are very pleased with it and it is starting to feel smoother and more flexible. However, when idling it is sometimes very smooth but, on occasions rather rough and sounds like it is going to stall - though it has not. There is no pattern, it can be after a run or a short journey. Similarly, it sometimes seem to miss under 1500 rpm, though nothing dramatic. Once upon a time I would have said it was sparking plugs but not sure with such a new engine.

I am thinking of taking it to the dealer to see what they say, but am not sure I trust them; my earlier post about buying the car will show why. I thought I would see if any other owners had the same problem before I take the car in.

Thanks in anticipation of any replies/help.

·
Registered
604 Posts
That's good to hear, did you take it to dealer and did they find anything?

·
Registered
619 Posts
Nice to hear the problem has went away. I was going to suggest it could be due to dampness on some of the electrical connections around the battery. However, this is unlikely if the problem existed after a run.

It may still be worth while misting the exposed connections around the battery with WD40 - this may help when starting the car in the sort of cold/damp conditions we get here in the winter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts