Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

I am new to the
forum as I am a new Up owner and I have a question that I am hoping to get assistance
on this

I have just
purchased a ""Move up""� and I was a little surprised and concerned that when I driving
and putting the engine under strain (but not really going at any speed). The engine
sounds as if the exhaust is blowing or you have a leak at the manifold.

I have taken
it back to the dealer and they are saying this is normal, but I don't remember hearing
this during my test drives. (I had a couple prior to buying the car). Can anyone
tell me if this is normal or could it be a running in noise as the car I test
drove had a couple of thousand miles and
my car is brand new with only a few hundred miles

Any thoughts
concerning this would be were much appreciated

Thanks

John

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Difficult to answer not knowing how well you drive. You say you are putting the engine under strain. This should be avoided by use of the gears. When we start to drive we are taught how to pass the driving test. This not the same as learning how to drive. We only learn this after passing the test and acquiring the necessary skills. Some sadly never do learn how to drive correctly as often displayed in car parks with over reving engines, poor clutch control and parking at an angle with full lock left on. I have no noticeable noises with my car except on the rare occasions when I red line the auto box.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Yes it's normal.
I used to think it sounded like an exhaust blowing.
Now i think it sounds like a supermarine spitfire.
Dont worry about it.Edited by: Derkie54

·
Registered
59 Posts
I find the diesel noise isn't high revs, it's when I first change up a gear. If I follow the gear indicator and change up early it's noisier, if I ignore it and go by sound/ instinct it's better, but that will reduce my mpg. Doesn't stop me loving my up though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts