Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a predicament! I can't read Dutch and so the user manual that comes with the car does me no good. Is it possible to find the manual in English online? I am having a few problems with opening the petrol cap and I really need to read how to unlock and lock it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hold the cap still, and turn the key full 180.
The plastic cap should then be attached to the screwing mechanism, allowing you you to unscrew it out.
to lock after refill, screw it in hold plastic still, and turn the key 180 degrees again, and that will detatch the screwing mechanism so it just spins around on the top of the plastic cap. (so no one can steal your petrol without the key)

As for location of english manual, I cant help you out with that :(

Ben

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
When I first had a locking petrol cap in a VW I used to get in such a flap when filling up with petrol. Now I don't see what I was on about

Once you have done it a few times, it becomes second nature.

Excellent description of what to do from Ben

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there, I am in exactly the same situation as Kjherstin; English user manual is needed. Highly appreciate hints, links, whatever :)Thanks, guys.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
I seem to remember VW don't allow their manuals to be officially available online, unlike a lot of other manufacturers...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts