Up Owners Club banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I suspect this is a common thread on here so apologies if it's already dealt with but I couldn't see it.

I have just bought a 2007 EOS 2.0 turbo sport last week. Beautiful car - only done 32k and no problems for the first few days and few hundred miles.

Today the roof wouldn't go up. I jiggled a few things, slammed the boot firmly and after that it went up. Then I put it down a few hours later and now it won't move.

The windows operate when the switch is activated but no roof - a small relay click is the only thing I can hear happening. If I put the windows up and down a few times with the roof operating switch then the driver's window also stops working although this seems to correct itself after a minute or two if the car is switched off.

This sounds to me like an electrical problem. I was aware of roof problems from various reviews so I checked the operation several times when I bought the car and all seemed well.

As I bought it privately I have no comeback from a garage so I need to sort this out.

All advice appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry - just realised this isn't a general VW forum - ignore this - unless you happen to know about EOS roofs!

·
Registered
727 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.