Up Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering whether anyone in the know can tell me whether the latest 2012 VAG parts catalogue - called ETKRA - contains the Up model?

A related question is that I'm about to buy a base model Up. I don't care for all the extras offered on higher spec models but do like the coloured dash. It looks to me that the coloured dash is just fixed in position over the base modle dash. If so, it should just be a matter of getting the part number and ordering the correct part from VAG?

Thanks,

Alan

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Now THAT would be a useful resource

·
Registered
453 Posts
i've been looking on fleabay and no listings regarding models covered, seems 7.3 2012 is the one that appears but no info on model coverage

useful tool when you know your VAG cars when undertaking oem enhancements

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
aparently the coloured part of the dash is not an easy remove and refit, someone in the forum has had their up arrive with the wrong coloured dash so the dealer is getting them the right one, but has explained they need to get a special tool or something and also that its not that easy... just thought id relay the message..

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In fact, it doesn't look to me that you can order the insert as a separate part. It's a complete dash change.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I visited my dealer today as was worried what Alex said yesterday that dash is glued in. My dealer and the branch manager checked the Etka system and have ordered methe red dash trim4 weeks ago. They said that it just clips in and that a special tool is needed for the clips. They did ask me if I wanted to ordera new car or take my car with black dash and wait for the red one to arrive (wouldnt be quick though but sooner than waiting for another up to be built!!). Surely if it was a whole new dash they would just tell me its too expensivefor them tochangeso I could either accept it asisor order a new one!!

Confused ... well and truly!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
i wouldnt worry to bad.. about the colour,vinylwrap is a cheap option an you can get almost endless colours.. i wrapped the dash in my sisters Fiat 500 pink for her :p and it went on and looked standard, but good :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gave Up,
I can only see it as a complete dash unit on ETKA. What I reckon they may have done is order a complete dash and then they will swap the inserts over.

Alan

·
Registered
160 Posts
Thanks Alan. The dealer mentioned £500 so it looks like they have ordered the whole dash and hopefully will just fit the red parts to my car. Can't see then removing my whole dash and refitting a new one!!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I don't see why they would order a whole dashboard if they were just going to unclip the plastic trim. As its a factory mistake, you would think they would just send the trim from the supplier.
Its all very confusing. I'm still not decided on what to do about mine... I thought my problems had ended once I finally chose my spec 12 weeks ago..

Keep us informed on the progress with your change. My dealer said I have ages to decide yet as they could not secure a replacement anyway at the moment. ( which is again another difference between our dealers)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Maybe they have just ordered the red panels - all I know is that is costing them £500 so just assumed that it was the whole dash from what Alan found on ETKA system. You're right it is very confusing - I just have to trust my dealers that they have ordered it and it is on its way!!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Presumably, the reason it's difficult to remove, and that it requires special tools, is that it is meant to be fixed in place once and for all and not to rattle or fall off. VW don't see it as a fashion item that gets replaced every so often when it needs to match the colour of our new shoes.

Nick

·
Registered
265 Posts
Did you ever get a definitive view on the cost and complexity of changing the dash? It's something I'm considering doing

Edited by: bazves

·
Registered
265 Posts
After raising this issue with my (Seat) dealer, still don't have a concrete answer. I'm wanting to change the standard silver dash with a red dash (as seen in the Up!). Latest answer is that thus far no-one has been able to confirm 100% if this is possible. The query has been passed to VW HQ in Milton Keynes so we'll see what they come back with.

If all else fails (or the cost is prohibitive) a vinyl wrap will probably be the way foward

·
Registered
705 Posts
Back in the olden days, it used to be called sticky-backed plastic.

Nick

1 - 17 of 17 Posts