Up Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI
We have just taken delivery of our new e-up. I have successfully installed the app and everything works on it when we are in the car connected by Bluetooth. We are unable to connect to the car remotely, we are getting the attached message every time we try to connect.
Font Rectangle Screenshot Electric blue Technology

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Bluetooth is only good for a few metres - how 'remote' are you from the car when you cannot connect?
Does the eUp allow connection to home WiFi? If so, WiFi is massively more powerful than BT, albeit using the same radio frequencies.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
I would think there is a menu to set up remote connections - somewhere....

Does it need a SIM and mobile data service or does it use WiFi? If WiFi, which should work OK between house and drive, the car will either be another WiFi access point, or a client to your home network. If the latter, you will certainly need to tell the car which WiFi hub to use (and give it a key, or press a button to get the key automatically with WPS).

Why not phone the dealer?

·
Registered
e-up! 32kwh white
113 Posts
Maps and more only works over Bluetooth and is meant for use as the infotainment screen, We Connect is the app you need for accessing the car remotely.
For iPhone ‎Volkswagen We Connect
The car uses the mobile phone network to communicate with vw’s servers and the app connects to this.
There is a vw connect id app which is designed for the id3 and 4 but does allow some connectivity with e-up!
You may have to email vw to get the car and app talking to each other due to GDPR and you need to enter the mileage in km (unless they have updated it) there are various threads about we connect that go into more detail.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all your help, I didn’t realise you need two apps.
I have enable the remote we connect function and it is working fine. Do you need to enter your log in details every time you wish to access the we connect app? I do, am I missing something?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts