Up Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from a weekend in Belgium for the Grand Prix.

Spotted a few up!s, although not as many as I expected - oh and one Citigo.

I was reminded that our Euro cousins tend to buy entry level versions of small/medium cars and this was true of the Euro up!s - all those I saw were Take and Move up!s.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I can't but agree with you.In Belgium the Up! isn't the hit it is in the UK, Denmark or Holland.In my home town (usually a trendsetter in terms of new cars) I only know of 2 Up!'s sold and mine will be the third!! A lot has to do with the government policy concerning "green" cars. The last couple of years the state gave you a reduction of 15% (fifteen%!!!) on a car with a low CO2 emition (I think it was less than 105gr). But they ended that on 31/12/2011. So, a lot of potential buyers bought a cars by the end of last year, mostly C1/107/Aygo of course. Since the Up! only appeared on the market by that time and the first real contact with the public was by the end of January (Brussels Motor Show), makes that the Up! "seemed" very expensive for us in Belgium. For exemple, end 2011 you could buy an Aygo full spec for less than 11.000 ‚¬, a month later you would pay about 2.000‚¬ more for the same car!! Due to circomstances I couldn't order a car before the end of the year and had to wait... Every offer a dealer made felt like a rip-off at the time, like loosing money even before actually driving it. I even stopped looking for a good deal until a few month later when I saw a White Up! in a showroom... It's only after a testdrive and a good comparison with the Toyota/Citroen/Peugeot triplet that I realised that the Up! is a fantastic deal, exelent value for money.
I hope this situation will change but than again if it doesn't, I don't mind driving an "exclusive" car

Edited by: GunSpeed

·
Registered
104 Posts
When we were in Austria in May we saw 2 Move up! in the same town, and travelling around there were a couple more so perhaps the Austrians are more conservative!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts