Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Is this the new Panda? I assume so. And the winner was?

I've been in the old Panda, as a front and rear passenger, and I like the car, it feels roomy and solidly put together. Ony 55mpg though, which when you commute like I do, is significant. And I don't think it looks as cute as the Up. But I can see them selling well, as did the old version, for good reason.

·
Registered
956 Posts
I've had a few Fiat's (Punto x 2, Bravo, Marea Weekend Estate) and pretty much enjoyed them all BUT I've never seen a Punto yet that didn't have at least one dent in the drivers door from flying stones, they were particularly fragile. Plus, they all seem to start having problems at around the 70K mark and that's when they start living up to the manufacturers name (as in F.I.A.T - Fix It Again Tomorrow).

All in all, I'd much rather have the up! than the Panda.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The liked the Panda because it had more power (85hp) but gave the nod to the Up for feel and handling. The Up also had greaterperceived quality. As I told my salesman- "Tell me as soon as VWgives you the nod for the GT and you'll have a letter the same day from me".

·
Registered
453 Posts
as a petrol head the TA engine sounds brilliant and makes the 500 but is impossible to get anywhere near the economy figures and really needs a six speed box as for me there is a bit of a gap in the ratios, i've had mine down to sub 30

not sure what chassis upgrades the panda has but the ride on my 500 on 16" is interesting and i do wonder whether there is suspension on the rear as Fiat just haven't go the damping right

if i needed 5 doors i'd go for the 5 door up

1 - 6 of 6 Posts