Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooo....

I had yet another phone call from my dealer today (had one every day since it arrived into the UK) and they have my up!! WWWOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

SO EXCITED!!!!!

I actually did a little dance after getting off the phone to him.... lol. So origianlly he said we can have the car ready for me by Saturday, which I thought was fantastic, but explained I was working from Saturday through to Monday, so it would have to be Tuesday or later next week. To which he said I'm sure that you want it sooner rather than later so give me a second to check and I can see if we can do it for Thursday for you. He called me back within 5 minutes and said they could!! YAY. Only down side is he said the maps and more probably wouldnt be there by then and the second key definatly wouldnt be, but i've decided to collect it anyway, and collect both of those one day when they are both there. I can cope without for now... I just want my car!!

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee hehe!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Yay, so happy for you Gemma!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks :) its funny, my dealer hasnt been the most communicative, but it seems at the right point he has been totally on the ball!

·
Registered
94 Posts
FaNtAsTiC NEWS!!!

I don't blame you for collecting regardless of Maps and Key!
Your up!s brother will be collected by me the next day!

Enjoy!!

·
Registered
956 Posts
FANTASTIC news for both of you. I don't blame you at all Gemma, given the opportunity I'd have definitely made the same choice as you.

Just make sure you both post plenty of photos for the rest of us poor devils who are still waiting (albeit not for long in my case hopefully).

Can't believe I'm almost as excited for you as you are!!

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh no worries about that, there shall be lots and lots of photos, only might be a slight delay on the uploading sue to be being very very busy for a few days after thursday!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Hi Gemma, Hope you don't mind me using your name as others seem to be anyway. Like you my Maps and More were delivered a week later than the car. But hey, it gives you time to check out all the other items, such as where your light switches are. How to switch on the fog lights etc. The trip computer and other things are there to explore. Get used to putting the back seats forward and seeing how big an actual luggage space you have got, providing you aren't carrying passengers. Then just when you are getting to know all there is to know about it, your M & M will be something you can concentrate on. May I wish you many happy hours driving carefully wherever your up! takes you.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you very much, and yes I dont mind people using my name, it is at the bottom of ever one of my posts.
and youre totally right, it will give me the time to figure out the rest of the car fully before having something to distract me again :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Enjoy your new car on Thursday Gemma, 2 weeks in and I still look forward to the drive to and from work!

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks guys :) I didnt sleep too well last night, so think I might be up all night tonight! Might be film watching/playing on my wii all night....

·
Registered
956 Posts
And this time tomorrow you'll be..............................???

·
Registered
956 Posts
willowaz said:
thanks guys :) I didnt sleep too well last night, so think I might be up all night tonight! Might be film watching/playing on my wii all night....

Or you could just stay on here and do 102 more posts so that by the time you pick the car up, you're already an up! Expert

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yes i will definatly be
I shall be driving all over making the most of my lovely up!! eeeee!!

on the count of getting to be an up expect.... you have an interesting idea there... however I think everyone might be annoyed with the one word answers and me spamming every thread... lol!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Nah, everyone'll be happy to see our first official "Expert" member (well I will anyway)

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not sure I'll be the first to reach it tho, I have a feeling one of the guys is ahead of me... hehe!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Looking forward to seeing a few pics when you get the chance
(as I am sure driving around in your new pride and joy will be priority number
1), it's a really nice spec you have
chosen.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

·
294 Posts
If ever there was a time to throw in a few sick days at work - this is it

Looking forward to seeing the pics!

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
aww Dan, if only I worked in a job where it was "easier" to throw a sicky.... unfortunatly saving lives, even though they are animals which some people feel is a lesser thing, means a great deal to me.
but yes otherwise, a few days of "sick" would be happening....

tony, yes i noticed you have almost exact same spec, altho ive gone for sunroof too!

melody, im sure I will, and maybe we shall see each other on the road sometime, I come your way up to ringwood them along to dorchester every friday!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts